Remote System Information

Has any got any code that would help me get Physical Memory and HDD Size of a remote PC using the registry?
Thanks in anticipation.
Steve

Re:Remote System Information

"Shon" <Sebastian.Choromanski@%N%O%inteligo%S%P%A%M%.pl>wrote:

This info is not stoted in the registry.

According to this it is:
www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psinfo.shtml
But they don't provide any source... :o(((
I have found the memory in :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\RESOURCEMAP\System Resources\Physical Memory
But don't have a clue how to decipher it...

"Steve" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

| Has any got any code that would help me get Physical Memory and HDD
Size of a remote PC using the registry?
This info is not stoted in the registry.

| Thanks in anticipation.
|
| Steve

{smallsort}

Steve wrote:
Has any got any code that would help me get Physical Memory and HDD
Size of a remote PC using the registry?
Questions concerning the Windows API belong in the .nativeapi newsgroup
section. Please repost there.
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

Steve wrote:

According to this it is:
www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psinfo.shtml
Nothing in that article says that the info is in the registry. It says
you can download a program and run in on a pc to get the stats about a
particular machine.
Browse around on MSDN.com you can find alot of info about the windows
system and how to access windows and system data via program code. I've
found most of it can be copied and pasted into borland and it works.
Shannon

"Shannon Peterson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Nothing in that article says that the info is in the registry.
Actually, it does:
"Specify a remote computer name to obtain information from the remote
system. Since PsInfo relies on remote Registry access to obtain its data,
the remote system must be running the Remote Registry service and the
account from which you run PsInfo must have access to the HKLM\System
portion of the remote Registry."
Gambit

news:41a3a1ae$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Nothing in that article says that the info is in the registry.

Actually, it does:

"Specify a remote computer name to obtain information from the remote
system. Since PsInfo relies on remote Registry access to obtain its data,
the remote system must be running the Remote Registry service and the
account from which you run PsInfo must have access to the HKLM\System
portion of the remote Registry."

Gambit

sorry, must have over looked that.
Shannon