F9, F8, F7, run.... stop working in debug mode with a BreakPoint

2006-02-07 01:41:34 AM
cppbuilder95
Hi,
When debugging an application, and breakpoints are active i have to
reset the project or stop it, because F9, F8, F7, run menu ,etc don“t
work so I can“t continue the debugging.
I did not get to reproduce the problem in another project other that mine.
In previous versions of C++Builder 6 o 5, i used this project and never
happen this issue
Thanks

Re:F9, F8, F7, run.... stop working in debug mode with a BreakPoint

Raśl Lorenzo wrote:
I did not get to reproduce the problem in another project other that
mine. In previous versions of C++Builder 6 o 5, i used this project and
never happen this issue
Do you have some watch window items?
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:F9, F8, F7, run.... stop working in debug mode with a BreakPoint

Do you mean if I have some watch names added to debug? Yes.
I have only two variables at watch list. Call Stack and Local Variables
are open too.
Andreas Hausladen escribi?
Raśl Lorenzo wrote:

>I did not get to reproduce the problem in another project other that
>mine. In previous versions of C++Builder 6 o 5, i used this project and
>never happen this issue

Do you have some watch window items?

{smallsort}

Raśl Lorenzo wrote:
Do you mean if I have some watch names added to debug? Yes.
The de{*word*81} endless loop sometimes happens to me if I debug through the
CPU view and have some string or typecast variables in the watch window.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:F9, F8, F7, run.... stop working in debug mode with a BreakPoint

This sounds suspiciously related to
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
this bug. Take a look at the bug report and see if what you are coding is at
all similar.
--
Chris Bruner
Compulife Software Inc.

Re:F9, F8, F7, run.... stop working in debug mode with a BreakPoint

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 20:35:07 +0100, "Andreas Hausladen"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
The de{*word*81} endless loop sometimes happens to me if I debug through the
CPU view and have some string or typecast variables in the watch window.
bds often hangs when I debug project and inspect variables (I prefer
inspect rather than watch)
--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan

Re:F9, F8, F7, run.... stop working in debug mode with a BreakPoint

I think is in relation with your problem, my project is a bit complex
too to reproduce the problem because has about 3 dll“s loaded
dynamically, creating objects....and the more strange is that sometimes
works well in area where crashes until stops in other code area.
If I remove the breakpoint the code works fine, like you, but when this
occur I can not to see any exception message like you, simply don“t
responds to step, run, continue but the ide works (don“t freezes), the
only thing I could do is reset the project (Ctrl+F2) to restart and pray
for Lord ;)
Any way, I could try if I extract some code to reproduce the problem.
Chris Bruner escribi?
This sounds suspiciously related to
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
this bug. Take a look at the bug report and see if what you are coding is at
all similar.

Re:F9, F8, F7, run.... stop working in debug mode with a BreakPoint

I did make a small project to try to emulate what was happening in my big
project, but could not recreate the problem. Perhaps if you added your
experiences to the bug between the two of us, they can narrow down where
it's going wrong.
--
Chris Bruner
"Raśl Lorenzo" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I think is in relation with your problem, my project is a bit complex
too to reproduce the problem because has about 3 dll“s loaded
dynamically, creating objects....and the more strange is that sometimes
works well in area where crashes until stops in other code area.
If I remove the breakpoint the code works fine, like you, but when this
occur I can not to see any exception message like you, simply don“t
responds to step, run, continue but the ide works (don“t freezes), the
only thing I could do is reset the project (Ctrl+F2) to restart and pray
for Lord ;)
Any way, I could try if I extract some code to reproduce the problem.

Chris Bruner escribi?
>This sounds suspiciously related to
>qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
>this bug. Take a look at the bug report and see if what you are coding is
>at
>all similar.

Re:F9, F8, F7, run.... stop working in debug mode with a BreakPoint

Ok, It“s a good idea.
Do you mean add my experiences at bug report 24313 in QC?
This weekend I“ll start with that.
Chris Bruner escribi?
I did make a small project to try to emulate what was happening in my big
project, but could not recreate the problem. Perhaps if you added your
experiences to the bug between the two of us, they can narrow down where
it's going wrong.

Re:F9, F8, F7, run.... stop working in debug mode with a BreakPoint

Chris, since I create the project from scratch I didn“t return to have a
problem (by the way), but I will try to make BDS crash with this issue.
The problem which returned is EResNotFound.
Did you create your projects files from scratch or did you imported from
previous version?
Chris Bruner escribi?