QuickReport, QRGroup

2005-11-08 05:01:30 AM
cppbuilder103
Hi all. I need a very simple example of using 'Groups' in QuickRort. It
would involve one database (one table). The group data would be grouped
according the the values in one of the database fields. (You can't get any
simpler than that!) The example supplied by QuSoft is useless. Thank you,
Chris

Re:QuickReport, QRGroup

"Chris Rogers" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Hi all. I need a very simple example of using 'Groups' in QuickRort. It
would involve one database (one table). The group data would be grouped
according the the values in one of the database fields. (You can't get any
simpler than that!) The example supplied by QuSoft is useless. Thank you,
Chris

Hi Chris,
Just Drop a TQRGroup in your Report and set the Expression property
to the Field Name you want for the group.
It better to use a TQuery as Dataset for the Report and have it
ordered by the Group field.
HTH
Antonio