component problem

2005-09-02 07:31:19 PM
cppbuilder43
I was provided with package for grid component and the files that I got are:
GridVCLC6.bpk
GridVCLC6.cpp
GridVCLC6.dpk
GridVCLC6.res
GridVCLC6.obj
When I try to compile or install this component in BCB 6 I get the
message "Unable to find package import: xxx.bpi", is it possible to
install component without package import? Any suggestions for this
problem...
Thanks in advance

Re:component problem

"Mike" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
GridVCLC6.bpk
GridVCLC6.cpp
GridVCLC6.dpk
GridVCLC6.res
GridVCLC6.obj

When I try to compile or install this component in BCB 6 I get the
message "Unable to find package import: xxx.bpi", is it possible to
install component without package import? Any suggestions for this
problem...
What .bpi does it want ?
Jonathan

Re:component problem

You need to edit the bpk file in notepad and remove the bpi's that it can't
find.
They are normally due to that component author having some extra files
installed. (But check this first)
HTH Pete
"Mike" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I was provided with package for grid component and the files that I got
are:

GridVCLC6.bpk
GridVCLC6.cpp
GridVCLC6.dpk
GridVCLC6.res
GridVCLC6.obj

When I try to compile or install this component in BCB 6 I get the message
"Unable to find package import: xxx.bpi", is it possible to install
component without package import? Any suggestions for this problem...

Thanks in advance

{smallsort}

Re:component problem

thanks Pete,
so if I understood right this are the lines in .bpk file that need to be
removed
PACKAGES = DataC6.bpi EditorsVCLC6.bpi GridVCLC6.bpi dclLibraryVCLC6.bpi
designide.bpi rtl.bpi vcl.bpi \
dbrtl.bpi vcldb.bpi LibraryVCLC6.bpi dclEditorsVCLC6.bpi
PageControlVCLC6.bpi
I'll try to compile and install and I'll post the result
Thanks

news:431837c9$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...