Debugging program hangs & behind-the-scenes events

2008-05-13 05:34:05 AM
cppbuilder60
Hi, all,
I've added several forms to an existing Borland C++ Builder 6.0
application. The new forms are launched (sequentially) from
within a TButton OnClick handler in the main form.
The old code works normally. Recently, clicking the button
causes almost a 2 minute program hang before the OnClick
event handler is even reached. Sometimes the cursor turns
into an hour-glass. That's the only clue. All timers, and CodeGuard
are disabled/turned off.
Any ideas on how I can debug this? I set a breakpoint at the
OnClick handler's first line - but how can I tell what BCB and/or
Windows is doing in the two minutes between the time the
button is clicked, and the first line of the OnClick event handler is
reached?
Thanks for any and all advice.
Pi