BitBtn

Hello
How can a BitBtn be showed with a background color?
I have tried with: pRX->Brush->Color = clRed, where pRX is a pointer to the type TBitBtn, but it doesn't work, what is wrong?
Best Regards
Kresten

Re:BitBtn

"Kresten Tolstrup" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
How can a BitBtn be showed with a background color?
It can't.
I have tried with: pRX->Brush->Color = clRed
TBitBtn ignores that.
what is wrong?
Nothing. TBitBtn is simply not designed to allow user-defined colors.
Neither is TButton, for that matter.
Gambit

Re:BitBtn

Nothing. TBitBtn is simply not designed to allow user-defined colors.
Neither is TButton, for that matter.

Gambit

Thanks!
Do you know if there is a 3-party button, where user defined colors are allowed.
Kresten

{smallsort}

Re:BitBtn

Hi Kresten
Kresten Tolstrup says:
Thanks!
Do you know if there is a 3-party button, where user defined colors are allowed.
Have a look at Torry
www.torry.net/quicksearchd.php
Kind regards
Asger

Re:BitBtn

Have a look at Torry

www.torry.net/quicksearchd.php

Kind regards
Asger
Thank for the answer, I'm sorry for the long delay.
I have downloaded "ButtonWithColor", but when I try to add and compile the component, I get a lot of linker errors, they are all from the module Outline. Do I need to add a bpi file under the Requires, in the Project Manager window?
I have used File->New->Other->Component, and then selected the .pas file for the button, and used TButten as base class.
Best Regards
Kresten