Building DircektX9 SDK samples

2005-02-01 03:17:31 AM
cppbuilder56
Hi there.
I am trying to build a sample from the DirectX9 SDK. The sample requires my
application to be build using Unicode. Now the linker fails to find wWinMain
required by the RTL and it does not help if I rename WinMain to wWinMain it
still does not link.
I use C++ builder 5.5 and running on XP Pro SP2, CFLAGS = -W -WU -DWIN32 ...
Does anyone know what to do to successfully build the samples or realise
what I have done wrong?
Olof

Re:Building DircektX9 SDK samples

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.
Try putting this on the line immediately before wWinMain:
extern "C"
. Ed
Olof Tångrot wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

I am trying to build a sample from the DirectX9 SDK. The
sample requires my application to be build using Unicode.
Now the linker fails to find wWinMain required by the RTL
and it does not help if I rename WinMain to wWinMain it
still does not link.

I use C++ builder 5.5 and running on XP Pro SP2, CFLAGS =
-W -WU -DWIN32 ...

Does anyone know what to do to successfully build the samples
or realise what I have done wrong?

Re:Building DircektX9 SDK samples

Thanks! That was the solution to that problem. I got the Text3d sample
to compile, link and run with some other minor changes to the example
source.
"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

Try putting this on the line immediately before wWinMain:
extern "C"

. Ed

>Olof Tångrot wrote in message
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>I am trying to build a sample from the DirectX9 SDK. The
>sample requires my application to be build using Unicode.
>Now the linker fails to find wWinMain required by the RTL
>and it does not help if I rename WinMain to wWinMain it
>still does not link.
>
>I use C++ builder 5.5 and running on XP Pro SP2, CFLAGS =
>-W -WU -DWIN32 ...
>
>Does anyone know what to do to successfully build the samples
>or realise what I have done wrong?

{smallsort}