Looking for a list of Massage

2005-08-15 05:07:43 PM
cppbuilder86
Hi all,
I am writing a component, a decendent of TGraphicControl, and is needing to
track the changes of location of the control at design time (i.e. when I
click and drag the control around in the form), since I have to manipulate
some of it's property according to its location in the form. I'm wondering
what Message I should use for this. I already have a CM_MOUSEENTER and
CM_MOUSELEAVE, from the sample I used to create this component, but I have
no idea what other CM_ messages are available. Is there any such list? I
tried the CBuilder's help and MS Win32 Referances, and searched around with
Google, and also looked around MSDN, but I couldn't find a list of available
CM_ (or a complete list of WM_ messages, too). Thanks for any help.
Regards.

Re:Looking for a list of Massage

"Choykw" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I am writing a component, a decendent of TGraphicControl, and is needing
to track the changes of location of the control at design time (i.e. when
I click and drag the control around in the form), since I have to
manipulate some of it's property according to its location in the form.
I'm wondering what Message I should use for this.
AFAIK, you don't need any message. Just override TControl's SetBounds
function.
HTH
Jonathan

Re:Looking for a list of Massage

"Choykw" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I am ... needing to track the changes of location of the control...
I'm wondering what Message I should use for this.
None. Override the SetBounds() method instead.
I have no idea what other CM_ messages are available. Is there any such
list?
Not officially, since they are private messages that are primarily for
Borland's internal use to begin with, and thus are not documented anywhere.
You can look in Controls.hpp to see what is available, though.
Gambit

{smallsort}