safest way to get a cookie

I have a program, where I want it to automatically fetch the login info
for my site from a cookie (so when they login on my website, and cookie
is set, the program will be able to use that cookie to fill in the login
name/password for my website without user reentering it.).
I use TWebBrowser but I want to be able to get this info for my 1
website FAST without having to actually fetch a page from the server
just to read what cookie in the document property.
I thought about just reading the cookie files but the directories may
vary and it may trigger security programs if I read a cookie file
directly?
So is there a way to just get a cookie for a particular single website
quickly and without triggering security warnings?