Re: Remove a post

2003-10-01 12:54:22 AM
cppbuilder88
"Remy Lebeau \(TeamB\)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes in
borland.public.cppbuilder.language.cpp:
I don't think users are allowed to remove their own posts. TeamB has always
handled that, as far as I know.
That would surprise me. But I can't say for sure; I don't remember having
canceled one of my posts when I wasn't a TeamB member.
In control.cancel, there are quite a few entries that indicate that users
can cancel their own posts.

Re:Re: Remove a post

XXXX@XXXXX.COM (Thomas Maeder [TeamB]) wrote in
But I can't say for sure; I don't remember
having canceled one of my posts when I wasn't a TeamB member.
Be sure. I am not and have never been TeamB, and have cancelled my own
posts <g>
AlisdairM

Re:Re: Remove a post

On 30 Sep 2003 18:54:22 +0200, Thomas Maeder [TeamB] wrote:
That would surprise me. But I can't say for sure; I don't remember having
canceled one of my posts when I wasn't a TeamB member
I've cancelled quite a few of my own posts. Some newsreaders may make
cancellation difficult, in which case TeamB members have been asked to
cancel particular posts (at least, that's what the text in
control.cancel seems to indicate :) )
--
liz

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Remove a post

Thomas Maeder [TeamB] wrote:
"Remy Lebeau \(TeamB\)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes in
borland.public.cppbuilder.language.cpp:

>I don't think users are allowed to remove their own posts.
They are. Problem is how this is detected. If you have a dynamic IP, and
have gone offline inbetween, you will not be recognized anymore.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"Hell is a half-filled auditorium."