Re: Winking in the dark, almost.

2005-01-20 10:33:44 PM
cppbuilder19
Jim Dodd wrote:
There are two events listed as "C++ Builder Integration IRC Chat". This
sounds really good. Then, look at the dates - January 4 and 5. We've
missed them - THIS IS BAD. Did anyone hear about these? I wonder if
anyone showed up?

Borland is trying to improve their communications with its customers
but they've got a long way to go. Maybe this new Event Central will
be the answer.
It's not obvious from the information displayed on EventCentral (maybe
something needs to be done about that), but those weren't official
Borland chat events. That's some guy announcing that various people
will congregate on #brb to chat at some particular time. Borland can't
really be blamed for not publicizing something they have nothing to do with.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:Re: Winking in the dark, almost.

Simon D wrote:
"Randall Parker" wrote:

>That pop-up dealie that BCB fills in with info from the web
>would be a
good way to
>get the news out.

Excellent point Randall. Why are you the first to think of this?
The person who does the manual work to fill in "BCB Direct" is no
longer with Borland. Apparently it's a lot of work to try to get
that done. The current IDE's have an RSS feed to the BDN site, or
something, to try to work around this.
I still think it would be good for Borland to find someone to
figure out how to post at least the "we're working on it" letter to
"BCB Direct".
-Brion

Hendrik Schober wrote:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>[...]
>
>I'm sure that as soon as there is something worthwhile to report,
>blog about, etc. you will see it happen.

I am not sure what you're referring to.
That BCB is going to live on, is some
very worthwile news to report.
And it WAS reported already. I have no idea why you are ignoring that.
And those who complain about a current lack of information should
consider that, apart from what is already known (i.e. that a new
version of BCB will be incorporated in the Delphi IDE), there is
nothing to report, at the moment.
But, like I said, there IS a new openness at Borland. We have seen it
for Delphi, we see it from R&D, DevRel, management, etc. so I have no
doubt we will see it happen for the new BCB as well, as soon as the
time is right for it.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.bei.t-online.de
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

{smallsort}

Peter Agricola wrote:

"Hendrik Schober" wrote
>Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>>[...]
>>
>>I'm sure that as soon as there is something worthwhile to report,
blog>>about, etc. you will see it happen.

>I am not sure what you're referring to.
>That BCB is going to live on, is some
>very worthwile news to report.
>(I have probably said this half a dozen
>times in this thread already. I have no
>idea why you keep ignoring it.)

I think he doesn't say "they did" because you told him not to argue
in circles. <g>
Please explain how I am arguing in circles. They have said what has to
be said, and now there is nothing more to be said. What should they do?

It seems to me Rudy is talking about the 'new openness' of the
'Delphi Developers' by means of their blogs where the rest of us is
talking about the malfunctioning Marketing and Communication
Department.
The marketing and communication departments have never declared BCB
dead, so why should they declare it alive again? The places where it
was reported that development would cease were also the palces where it
was reported that this decision has been reverted.
I love to see how there seem to be so many people who missed their call
as marketing wizzards, and became C++ developers instead. <g>
I guess it is like with sports: there are as many coaches as there are
fans. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.bei.t-online.de
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."

Hendrik Schober wrote:

>Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>>[...]
>>
>>I'm sure that as soon as there is something worthwhile to report,
>>blog about, etc. you will see it happen.
>

>I am not sure what you're referring to.
>That BCB is going to live on, is some
>very worthwile news to report.

And it WAS reported already. I have no idea why you are ignoring that.
I am not. But you are ignoring that it
was only reported to the minority.
(I have the strange feeling of deja vu.
How come? <g>)
[...]

But, like I said, there IS a new openness at Borland. We have seen it
for Delphi, we see it from R&D, DevRel, management, etc. so I have no
doubt we will see it happen for the new BCB as well, as soon as the
time is right for it.
I envy you for having no doubts. But I
wonder how you manage to do that.
(Could it be that this is because your
business doesn't depend on it?)
Schobi
--
XXXX@XXXXX.COM is never read
I'm Schobi at suespammers dot org

Re:Re: Winking in the dark, almost.

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
[...]
>>That BCB is going to live on, is some
>>very worthwile news to report.
>>(I have probably said this half a dozen
>>times in this thread already. I have no
>>idea why you keep ignoring it.)
>
>I think he doesn't say "they did" because you told him not to argue
>in circles. <g>

Please explain how I am arguing in circles.
It was said that Borland should publish
their decisions about BCB's future to
the majority of BCB customers. You said
there isn't anything to be said. I argued
that the mere fact that it will live on
is and important fact to publish. To
which you responded that they already
reported this. To which responded that
they only did it to the minority. To
which you respond that, as soon as there
is something to publish, it will be done.
To which I have to answer again, that
there already is something important to
publish...
That this happens multiple times in
parallel in this thread and not only
between you and me doesn't make the
discussion more interesting.
They have said what has to
be said, and now there is nothing more to be said. What should they do?
<sigh>
Rudy, I guess I'll just have to give up
with you. (Which doesn't mean I think
you're right. I just don't believe I can
convince you of something you obviously
do not want to be convinced, no matter
how often the facts are presented.)
>It seems to me Rudy is talking about the 'new openness' of the
>'Delphi Developers' by means of their blogs where the rest of us is
>talking about the malfunctioning Marketing and Communication
>Department.

The marketing and communication departments have never declared BCB
dead, so why should they declare it alive again? The places where it
was reported that development would cease were also the palces where it
was reported that this decision has been reverted.
<yawn>This, too, has been answered a
dozen times in this thread, even bringing
in several good arguments against it.
Whoever has missed this, is encouraged to
read it up there.
[...]
Schobi
--

Hendrik Schober wrote:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>Hendrik Schober wrote:
>
>>Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>>>[...]
>>>
>>>I'm sure that as soon as there is something worthwhile to
>>>report, blog about, etc. you will see it happen.
>>

>>I am not sure what you're referring to.
>>That BCB is going to live on, is some
>>very worthwile news to report.
>
>And it WAS reported already. I have no idea why you are ignoring
>that.

I am not. But you are ignoring that it
was only reported to the minority.
Depends on what you call a minority. It was also mentioned in a few
publications, AFAIK.
>But, like I said, there IS a new openness at Borland. We have seen
>it for Delphi, we see it from R&D, DevRel, management, etc. so I
>have no doubt we will see it happen for the new BCB as well, as
>soon as the time is right for it.

I envy you for having no doubts. But I
wonder how you manage to do that.
I have seen it happen for Delphi, why on earth would it be different
for BCB?
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.bei.t-online.de
"I'm not a member of any organized political party, I'm a Democrat!"

Re:Re: Winking in the dark, almost.

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
[...]
>>And it WAS reported already. I have no idea why you are ignoring
>>that.
>
>I am not. But you are ignoring that it
>was only reported to the minority.

Depends on what you call a minority. It was also mentioned in a few
publications, AFAIK.
You haven't been able to quote anything
mentionings besides in this newsgroup
and on the community website. However,
the community was called a minority
over and over by Borland and TeamB
members.
(BTW, this, too, I hava already posted
in this thread several times.)
[...]
>I envy you for having no doubts. But I
>wonder how you manage to do that.

I have seen it happen for Delphi, why on earth would it be different
for BCB?
Delphi got many improvements during the
last few years, why on earth would they
want to kill BCB?
(No answer needed, this is a rethorical
question.)
Schobi
--

Hendrik Schober wrote:
It was said that Borland should publish
their decisions about BCB's future to
the majority of BCB customers. You said
there isn't anything to be said.
I said that APART FROM THAT, there isn't anything new to be said. I
presumed it known to BCB users that it would be continued.
If it is really true that most BCB users don't know, they should find a
way to make it known. Not sure how, though.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.bei.t-online.de
"Never mistake motion for action." -- Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" wrote:
The marketing and communication departments have never declared BCB
dead, so why should they declare it alive again? The places where it
was reported that development would cease were also the palces where it
was reported that this decision has been reverted.
Now you got me really astonished!
I love to see how there seem to be so many people who missed their call
as marketing wizzards, and became C++ developers instead. <g>
What makes you think I am a C++ developer and not a marketeer? At least from
you we know you are a dentist and not a marketeer!
I guess it is like with sports: there are as many coaches as there are
fans. <g>
Only winning coaches are right!
Peter

Peter Agricola wrote:
What makes you think I am a C++ developer and not a marketeer? At
least from you we know you are a dentist and not a marketeer!
Indeed. <g>
>I guess it is like with sports: there are as many coaches as there
>are fans. <g>

Only winning coaches are right!
Perhaps. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.bei.t-online.de
"Everything has been figured out, except how to live."

Re:Re: Winking in the dark, almost.

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
[...]
If it is really true that most BCB users don't know,
This has been told to us by Borland
and by TeamB: This community does not
represent the majority of the BCB
customers.
they should find a
way to make it known. Not sure how, though.
As I said before, I regularly get
"Newsletters" from Borland that try
to convince me to buy Delphi and
other Borland products. It would be
very easy to send one around that
explains BCB's future and would
help tremendously. Also, a BCB link
on their main website would be
very helpful.
Schobi
--

Hendrik Schober wrote:
This has been told to us by Borland
and by TeamB: This community does not
represent the majority of the BCB
customers.
This community is not the only place it was published, AFAIK.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.bei.t-online.de
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"

Re:Re: Winking in the dark, almost.

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
[...]
This community is not the only place it was published, AFAIK.
Now that you have said this numerous
times: Wherelse was this published?
Schobi
--

Hendrik Schober wrote:
Now that you have said this numerous
times: Wherelse was this published?
I can't find them right now, but IIRC, I have seen online versions of
publications and interviews.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.bei.t-online.de
"No one can earn a million dollars honestly."