CVS plugin

2005-02-24 11:10:15 PM
cppbuilder57
Hello there!
Does anybody knows an stable CVS plugin for MS Visual Studio.NET that is
easy to use. I only found CVSProxy(www.pshok.com) which is available for
BCB, Delphi, and .NET. Has anybody experience with that tool?
Thanks...
David

Re:CVS plugin

David Scheffel wrote:
Does anybody knows an stable CVS plugin for MS Visual Studio.NET that is
easy to use.
Call me crazy, but I'm thinking you might get better help on Microsoft
tools from people on the Microsoft groups. Or maybe not. I don't know ...
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:CVS plugin

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking you might get better help on Microsoft
tools from people on the Microsoft groups. Or maybe not. I don't know
:-)
Well, since this russian plugin just mixed up my Visual Studio I rather
think of using just WinCVS. That means if I can plead with my colleagues.

{smallsort}

Re:CVS plugin

David Scheffel < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
[...]
Well, since this russian plugin just mixed up my Visual Studio I rather
think of using just WinCVS. That means if I can plead with my colleagues.
I just tested one. (I can get the URL when I am
back at work if you're interested. See signature
for mailing me.) It changed all my projects and
solutions and generally messed around.
More -- it seems this isn't the fault of the
plugin itself. It's just the way the whole SCC
is designed around VSS.
I quickly uninstalled it and keep being very
happy with WinCVS. I don't see the need of doing
everything from one app.
Schobi
--
XXXX@XXXXX.COM is never read
I'm Schobi at suespammers dot org

Re:CVS plugin

Hi Schobi,
I'm also very happy with WinCVS. Unfortunately it turned out that at least
one collegue isn't flexible engough to work without SourceControl
integration. He really likes Microsoft products. And since I'm working in
the "Windows Department" of our company I think I'm not gonna make it.
regards
//David
"Hendrik Schober" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im Newsbeitrag
David Scheffel < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>[...]
>Well, since this russian plugin just mixed up my Visual Studio I rather
>think of using just WinCVS. That means if I can plead with my colleagues.

I just tested one. (I can get the URL when I am
back at work if you're interested. See signature
for mailing me.) It changed all my projects and
solutions and generally messed around.
More -- it seems this isn't the fault of the
plugin itself. It's just the way the whole SCC
is designed around VSS.
I quickly uninstalled it and keep being very
happy with WinCVS. I don't see the need of doing
everything from one app.

Schobi

--
XXXX@XXXXX.COM is never read
I'm Schobi at suespammers dot org

"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely
to be prefered to those thinking they've found it."
Terry Pratchett

Re:CVS plugin

David Scheffel < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Hi Schobi,

I'm also very happy with WinCVS. Unfortunately it turned out that at least
one collegue isn't flexible engough to work without SourceControl
integration.
Wow. Even back when I still had to work with
VSS, I never use dthe IDE integration.
He really likes Microsoft products. And since I'm working in
the "Windows Department" of our company I think I'm not gonna make it.
This is the one I tried:
www.pushok.com/soft_cvs_proxy.php
If your fellow is used to VSS integration,
he might actually like it. I didn't dislike
CVS, after all -- only the way the IDE
messed around with my projects.
regards
//David
[...]
Schobi
--
XXXX@XXXXX.COM is never read
I'm Schobi at suespammers dot org
"The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely
to be prefered to those thinking they've found it."
Terry Pratchett

Re:CVS plugin

This is the one I tried:
www.pushok.com/soft_cvs_proxy.php
If your fellow is used to VSS integration,
he might actually like it. I didn't dislike
CVS, after all -- only the way the IDE
messed around with my projects.
That was the one I was talking about:) It also messed up my IDE settings.
//David