Re: C++ Builder / Delphi 2005 News?

2005-08-23 06:25:19 AM
cppbuilder60
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>Note that it may not be plain naivety.

What makes you think that ?
I KNOW.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.bei.t-online.de
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours."
- Richard Bach

Re:Re: C++ Builder / Delphi 2005 News?

< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>Note that this is not just blind loyalty.

Unthinking loyalty ?
Whatever.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.bei.t-online.de
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere,

< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.bei.t-online.de
"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour.

{smallsort}

< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB) < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>and thought would actually happen. I've learned my lesson, though
>at some cost.

Perhaps Rudy could get lessons from you...
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.bei.t-online.de
"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite."

< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
"Troy Klukewich" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>>I just hope they improve the docs. I think that is my #1 gripe.>>>
>>The other bugs are annoying, but looking for things that I used to
>>just pop up really kills my productivity.

>Let me know a specific use case or two so I understand the context.

I would imagine that you would have thousands of bug reports about the>
{*word*99}py documentation.

>Manager, Product Documentation

LOL !
This is a great example of those thousands of bug reports. You've got an
exceptionally generic complaint - "improve the docs". That could mean a
lot of different things to a different folks.
The guy pops into the community newsgroup where *no* Borland participation
is to be expected and asks for "specific use case or two" to help, and
gets insulted, not just about the product, but personally?
You guys really want help?
-Brion

Re:Re: C++ Builder / Delphi 2005 News?

XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
[snip]
I think that you are threading on a fine line of personal attacks.
Please, reconsider your attitude.
Thanks,
Alex [TeamB]

< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Abraham < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>In worst case you have to find another hobby, but for these guys
>it's about paying the bills.
>
>Additionally Borland gives you the tools for your hobby free of
>charge.

Amazing how much naivete a free compiler will buy.
You are way out of order there. All of us - even TeamB people - have
major complaints about Borland, but this sort of ad hominem attack
helps no one, besides being completely unfair. If you have to resort to
name calling, it's a sure sign you already lost the argument.
--
Ken
planeta.terra.com.br/educacao/kencamargo/

Re:Re: C++ Builder / Delphi 2005 News?

Kenneth de Camargo wrote:
You are way out of order
out of line. Whatever. I need some sleep.
--
Ken
planeta.terra.com.br/educacao/kencamargo/
* this is not a sig *

Re:Re: C++ Builder / Delphi 2005 News?

Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB) wrote:
I have been guilty of spreading hype in the past, based on what I knew
and thought would actually happen. I've learned my lesson, though at
some cost.
I think you are less to blame than managers that make erratic
decisions, pulling the plug halfway through development, for instance.
And although I abhor vaporware, the secrecy policy is the perfect
cover-up for this sort of mismanagement.
There, I had to vent this. :)
--
Ken
planeta.terra.com.br/educacao/kencamargo/
* this is not a sig *

Re:Re: C++ Builder / Delphi 2005 News?

I think Rudy is trying to imply that he has some knowledge
that we don't and that's the cause for his trust. He's
probably bound by an NDA to not say so.
I have evidence that there are aliens in the White House, but
my NDA forbids me to provide the supporting evidence..
:-)
That is how convincing some of the protestations from the
Borland apologists sounds.
--
Seek simplicity and mistrust it.
Alfred Whitehead

Re:Re: C++ Builder / Delphi 2005 News?

"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
I KNOW.
Another unsupported assertion...
--

XXXX@XXXXX.COM < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Hendrik Schober wrote:
>Ah -- that's probably because I haven't had to
>use BCB for years. I consider myself immune to
>the accusation I'd be whining. :)

Seems the people that complain most does not use the product...
Have you looked /what/ I complained about?
(I did /not/ complain about the product.)
Schobi
--
XXXX@XXXXX.COM is never read
I'm Schobi at suespammers dot org

Re:Re: C++ Builder / Delphi 2005 News?

Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB) < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
[...]

My personal policy now is to only talk about existing, available
products. That way I am not participating in vapor or hype, and I
don't have to worry about putting my own credibility on the line if
the products don't materialize.
I have noticed the screaming absence of other
TeamB'ers in this thread and thought as much.
I have been guilty of spreading hype in the past, based on what I knew
and thought would actually happen. I've learned my lesson, though at
some cost.
There was a certain reason I aswered to
It seems to exclude certain bad parts of
Borland's history.
Schobi
--

Hendrik Schober wrote:
XXXX@XXXXX.COM < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>Hendrik Schober wrote:
>
>>Ah -- that's probably because I haven't had to
>>use BCB for years. I consider myself immune to
>>the accusation I'd be whining. :)
>
>Seems the people that complain most does not use the product...

Have you looked /what/ I complained about?
(I did /not/ complain about the product.)

(not directed to you directly but you are part of it)
You people keeps complaining about (Borland) Management,
(Borland) Developer, (Borland) Support, Product problems (maybe not
you), Team Borland Members and what they say etc., etc.
Get a grip,
if you think Borland {*word*30}ed up and did not deliver what they promised
then dump Borland from your mindset. Noone forces you to use their
products and its doubtful you people use their products anyway.
Let us poor idiots continue our vain hope for a product you think
not will ever materialize and even if it did it would just be
buggy and killed of by (Borland) evil management asap.
Ok, you want to warn us that we are about to be fooled by Borland
and that we should stay clear of their products but it seems some
people still dont get it and continue using the product and foolishly
still thinks a new version will surface.
Unless you have constructive things to say about the cppbuilder products
(yes, this is the borland.public.cppbuilder.non-technical group) people
will be soon start calling you a troll.

Re:Re: C++ Builder / Delphi 2005 News?

XXXX@XXXXX.COM < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Hendrik Schober wrote:
[...]
>Have you looked /what/ I complained about?
>(I did /not/ complain about the product.)

(not directed to you directly but you are part of it)
I am not. Go back and read where and how I came
into this discussion. What I reacted allergic to
was:
They have clearly stated this. I doubt they would lie. They'd rather
not say anything. [...]
You will probably agree that, with Borland's
history in mind, this really is silly.
I let you have your hope for the next Delphi
and I won't say it will be <whatever>. I
agree that all you can do is to either wait
for it and see or finally give up and switch
ASAP. But I have been around here for a while,
have seen a bit of Borland's history and have
a very hard time letting anything like the
above quoted go uncommented.
[...]
Unless you have constructive things to say about the cppbuilder products
(yes, this is the borland.public.cppbuilder.non-technical group) people
will be soon start calling you a troll.
Get a grip. I have been around here for years
and many long-time community members know me.
They know what to expect from me. (And unlike
you I use my real name so that you can go and
look all that up in the search engines for
yourself.)
Schobi