CPPB4 Standard books

2006-02-02 10:08:43 AM
cppbuilder42
What paper manuals came with C++ Builder 4 Standard?
Thanks.

Re:CPPB4 Standard books

Gary Tippery wrote:
What paper manuals came with C++ Builder 4 Standard?
What's paper? <g>
Actually, there was the standard "Borland C++ Builder 4 Developer's
Guide" which I think has come with each pre-BDS version (much smaller
than the BCB 6 one) and provides somewhat spotty coverage. I also
think there was a quick-start guide, though I don't see one on my
shelf right now, and there was the usual Object Hierarchy poster.
- Leo

Re:CPPB4 Standard books

Leo Siefert wrote:
and there was the usual Object Hierarchy poster.
That was at least somewhat useful. The rest of it was (IMO) just a
waste of paper. I thought that even before Google. I've thought it ever
since context sensitive help appeared in Borland IDEs.
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

{smallsort}

Re:CPPB4 Standard books

Andrue Cope [TeamB] wrote:
>and there was the usual Object Hierarchy poster.

That was at least somewhat useful.
Have one on the wall next to me, but I just looked and it's from BCB3
- maybe a little out of date.
With BDS we don't even get that, though. I guess you can get a PDF,
but that's hard to hang on the wall unless you process it through a
big plotter.
- Leo