Printer name problem in C++ Builder 6

2006-07-08 12:30:01 AM
cppbuilder2
Hi there,
We're having a problem with some applications built with C++ Builder 6.
Apparently, whenever the printer name exceeds 80 characters, certain error
messages appear making it impossible to print to that printer. The
following link confirms the problem (in the reply added below), but I have
found nothing to suggest a workaround or fix for this.
community.borland.com/article/0,1410,17386,00.html
I'm not sure where to post this, so if anyone could point me to a more
applicable newsgroup that would also be appreciated. If there's a fix
available that would be the first choice though. Thanks.

Re:Printer name problem in C++ Builder 6

I'm not sure where to post this, so if anyone could point me to a more
applicable newsgroup that would also be appreciated. If there's a fix
I think I would have picked...
borland.public.cppbuilder.vcl.components.using
You could turn OFF use of packages and set a breakpoint
in Printers.pas on RaiseError(SNoDefaultPrinter), and
work backwards from there to try to find a workaround.
--Craig