Problem with make and startup.mk

2005-07-15 10:39:56 PM
cppbuilder11
I want to compile QuantLib financial library with CbuilderX on Windows XP
using Borland Compiler.
I use the following make command parameters :
make -D__MT__ -D_RTLDLL -D_DEBUG all
I get the following error which is specific to a unix environment :
make -D__MT__ -D_RTLDLL -D_DEBUG all
MAKE Version 5.2 Copyright (c) 1987, 2000 Borland
make: Error -- Configuration file `/etc/startup.mk' not found
make a quitt?avec le code d'erreur : 255
La construction a ét?annulée ?cause d'erreurs
I have searched for startup.mk in all the library files, including makefile
: no file containing this word. The problem should be in CBuilder, but
where?

Re:Problem with make and startup.mk

IMA wrote:
I want to compile QuantLib financial library with CbuilderX on Windows XP
using Borland Compiler.
I use the following make command parameters :

make -D__MT__ -D_RTLDLL -D_DEBUG all
That library does not have makefiles for windows compilers. It has
however project files for visual studio 6 and 8.
If you have BCB you can use Visual studio project converter to generate
BCB project file.
Darko

Re:Problem with make and startup.mk

It's strange because the library contains a makefile.mak with this line
explicitely in th header :
# main makefile for QuantLib under Borland C++
and the command
make -D__MT__ -D_RTLDLL -D_DEBUG all
is given in the quantlib installation page
quantlib.org/reference/install.html
Ignace
"Darko Miletic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
IMA wrote:
>I want to compile QuantLib financial library with CbuilderX on Windows XP
>using Borland Compiler.
>I use the following make command parameters :
>
>make -D__MT__ -D_RTLDLL -D_DEBUG all

That library does not have makefiles for windows compilers. It has however
project files for visual studio 6 and 8.
If you have BCB you can use Visual studio project converter to generate
BCB project file.

Darko

{smallsort}