C++ Compiler Errors

2004-05-16 01:10:41 AM
cppbuilder1
Hello
Could you please help ?
I am trying to learn game programming using C++, and I am trying to run a
program on the CD which came with the book,
but everytime I run it I get the following errors :
Compiling GAMEEN~1.CPP:
Warning GAMEEN~1.CPP 66: Parameter 'hPrevInstance' is never used in function
__stdcall WinMain(void *,void *,char *,int)
Warning GAMEEN~1.CPP 66: Parameter 'szCmdLine' is never used in function
__stdcall WinMain(void *,void *,char *,int)
Error GAMEEN~1.CPP 105: Undefined symbol 'WNDCLASSEX' in function
GameEngine::Initialize(int)
Error GAMEEN~1.CPP 105: Statement missing ; in function
GameEngine::Initialize(int)
Error GAMEEN~1.CPP 108: Undefined symbol 'wndclass' in function
GameEngine::Initialize(int)
Error GAMEEN~1.CPP 108: Not an allowed type in function
GameEngine::Initialize(int)
Error GAMEEN~1.CPP 124: Call to undefined function 'RegisterClassEx' in
function GameEngine::Initialize(int)
Error GAMEEN~1.CPP 128: Undefined symbol 'SM_CXFIXEDFRAME' in function
GameEngine::Initialize(int)
Error GAMEEN~1.CPP 129: Undefined symbol 'SM_CYFIXEDFRAME' in function
GameEngine::Initialize(int)
The compiler I am using is Borland C++ 4.5. ..... I also have Borland C++
Builder 3 and when I run it on that I do not get any errors, I get a blank
grey form.
Could you please help ?
In the past these sort of problems have put me off learning the subject but
I am determined this time to follow it through.
I have attached below the the files if they would be any help to you.
Thanks
John

Re:C++ Compiler Errors

Warning GAMEEN~1.CPP 66: Parameter 'hPrevInstance'
is never used in function
__stdcall WinMain(void *,void *,char *,int)
Warning GAMEEN~1.CPP 66: Parameter 'szCmdLine' is
never used in function ...
Warnings, not errors. You did not use the calling parameters. If you
do not want to use them and don't want the warning then don't give the
parameter a name.
Error GAMEEN~1.CPP 105: Undefined symbol 'WNDCLASSEX'
in function GameEngine::Initialize(int)
Error GAMEEN~1.CPP 105: Statement missing ; in function
GameEngine::Initialize(int)
Error GAMEEN~1.CPP 108: Undefined symbol 'wndclass' in
function GameEngine::Initialize(int)
Error GAMEEN~1.CPP 108: Not an allowed type in function
GameEngine::Initialize(int)
No header file which defines the structure of type WNDCLASSEX was
included. This also means that the symbol wndclass which is the
instance of a structure of that type is not defined.
Similar comments for the rest of the errors.
It could be that you built this as a 16 bit Windows program. 16 bit
Windows does not have a structure named WNDCLASSEX. It could also be
that you didn't include windows.h
. Ed
John wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...