Yet another problem converting BCB 1.0 to BCB 3.0

Hi,
    I wonder why Borland makes you change so much code whenever you want
to switch the version. Here is my delema:
In BCB 1.0 I was using TStringGrid in a few of my forms. In all the
events related to TStringGrid, the type of "row" and "col" parameters
has now been changed to "int" from "long". Therefore, when you go to
save the form, the IDE complain. You can't change the parameters
manually because its corresponding declaring, which I think is in the
DFM file is not changed. So I had to CUT all my code, delete the event
and then recreate the event with the new definition.
    I have spent almost a day figuring out all these little {*word*249}i-meeni
changes that I have to go through. If any one knows a better way to fix
this problem please let me know.

Imran.

Imran Hussain
Microsoft Certified Professional
imr...@summitdata.com
http://www.summitdata.com/imranh

Re:Yet another problem converting BCB 1.0 to BCB 3.0

Imran:

The declaration is in the class definition in the corresponding .h file.
Right-click on the editor window and select Open Header file (the 1st item)
from the pop-up

--
Regards
Ralph (TeamB)

Imran Hussain wrote in message <350181D7.BE3B1...@summitdata.com>...

|Hi,
|    I wonder why Borland makes you change so much code whenever you want
|to switch the version. Here is my delema:
|In BCB 1.0 I was using TStringGrid in a few of my forms. In all the
|events related to TStringGrid, the type of "row" and "col" parameters
|has now been changed to "int" from "long". Therefore, when you go to
|save the form, the IDE complain. You can't change the parameters
|manually because its corresponding declaring, which I think is in the
|DFM file is not changed. So I had to CUT all my code, delete the event
|and then recreate the event with the new definition.
|    I have spent almost a day figuring out all these little {*word*249}i-meeni
|changes that I have to go through. If any one knows a better way to fix
|this problem please let me know.
|
|Imran.

|--
|Imran Hussain