BCB 3 apps load slower then BCB 1 apps

I have converted from BCB 1 to 3.
I medium sized application now loads about twice as slow as the old
version,
compiled with BCB 1. I haved tried many options, but it does not make much
difference. I have also tried this:
- compile with packages and dynamic RTL (DLL)
- run one copy of the application
- test how fast an extra copy of the application is loaded
In this case the DLL's/BPL's have already been loaded. It did not make much
difference. I used WIN95 system-monitor to see whant happens when both
versions
of the app load. It appeared that file-access is almost identical, but
processor-
usage is much higher for the version compiled with 3.0.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Henk van der Zee
AT-Europe
Holland

Re:BCB 3 apps load slower then BCB 1 apps

On 14 Apr 1998 15:46:07 GMT, "Henk van der Zee" <ateur...@pi.net>
wrote:

>I have converted from BCB 1 to 3.
>I medium sized application now loads about twice as slow as the old
>version,
>compiled with BCB 1. I haved tried many options, but it does not make much
>difference.

Are you running the program under the IDE? If so, the de{*word*81} appears
to require big thinks when starting your app, unlike BCB1. I haven't
noticed any increase in loading time for large VCL apps run as a user
would run them (ie outside the IDE).

Maybe it's those cute tooltip inspectors that cause this? Must try
it...

"Oh my God, they've killed Kenny! You bastards!"
                                       - South Park

Re:BCB 3 apps load slower then BCB 1 apps

No, I do not run from the IDE.
I will compare the load-time of some other applications also.
Thanks for your reaction.

Henk van der Zee

Re:BCB 3 apps load slower then BCB 1 apps

Hello
My own experience is the same than for Michael.
No perceptible difference.
I remember having seen on these ng some weeks ago
some message about some big performance penalty
for a program that was browsing a big two dimensions
array. Maybe you could find it with developpers.href.com
HTH
Gerard

wrote:

>I have converted from BCB 1 to 3.
>I medium sized application now loads about twice as slow as the old
>version,
>compiled with BCB 1. I haved tried many options, but it does not make much
>difference. I have also tried this:
>- compile with packages and dynamic RTL (DLL)
>- run one copy of the application
>- test how fast an extra copy of the application is loaded
>In this case the DLL's/BPL's have already been loaded. It did not make much
>difference. I used WIN95 system-monitor to see whant happens when both
>versions
>of the app load. It appeared that file-access is almost identical, but
>processor-
>usage is much higher for the version compiled with 3.0.

>Does anyone have any suggestions?

>Henk van der Zee
>AT-Europe
>Holland