Storing lots of icons in an application

I have an app that I want to store lots of icons in so that I can associate
file types with this applications icon(s). How do I do this in builder???

Rgds Pete

>> remove nospam to get real e-mail address <<

Home: p.fra...@{*word*269}.nospam.net
Work: pete.fra...@soundcraft.nospam.com
WWW: http://freespace.{*word*269}.net/p.fraser

Re:Storing lots of icons in an application

Pete:

Put the icons into a .Res file and include the resources with

#pragma resource "MyIcons.Res"

You can get at them with code like:

  Application->Icon->Handle = LoadIcon(HInstance, "ICON_2");

--
Regards
Ralph (TeamB)

Pete Fraser wrote in message <6d12p9$21...@forums.borland.com>...
>I have an app that I want to store lots of icons in so that I can associate
>file types with this applications icon(s). How do I do this in builder???

>Rgds Pete
>>> remove nospam to get real e-mail address <<
>Home: p.fra...@{*word*269}.nospam.net
>Work: pete.fra...@soundcraft.nospam.com
>WWW: http://freespace.{*word*269}.net/p.fraser

Re:Storing lots of icons in an application

I didn't get any reponse from here but found out myself....
Use image editor to add the icons to an existing .res file and everything
works ok..
Rgds Pete

>> remove nospam to get real e-mail address <<

Home: p.fra...@{*word*269}.nospam.net
Work: pete.fra...@soundcraft.nospam.com
WWW: http://freespace.{*word*269}.net/p.fraser
Pete Fraser wrote in message <6d12p9$21...@forums.borland.com>...
>I have an app that I want to store lots of icons in so that I can associate
>file types with this applications icon(s). How do I do this in builder???

>Rgds Pete
>>> remove nospam to get real e-mail address <<
>Home: p.fra...@{*word*269}.nospam.net
>Work: pete.fra...@soundcraft.nospam.com
>WWW: http://freespace.{*word*269}.net/p.fraser

Re:Storing lots of icons in an application

>>I didn't get any reponse from here but found out myself....

Sure you did. Ralph Friedman answered your question less than three hours
after you posted it.

--
Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)
BCB Solutions Web Page - http://www.turbopower.com/bcb

Re:Storing lots of icons in an application

Sorry, yes he did but didn't actually say how to add icons to a resource
file. I found out by hunting through the menus and by accident found image
editor. (Well I am new to BCB, although well sold on it!)

Kent Reisdorph (TeamB) wrote in message <6deeon$f...@forums.borland.com>...
>>>I didn't get any reponse from here but found out myself....

>Sure you did. Ralph Friedman answered your question less than three hours
>after you posted it.

>--
>Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)
>BCB Solutions Web Page - http://www.turbopower.com/bcb

Re:Storing lots of icons in an application

Pete:

All you had to do was ask for clarification.

--
Regards
Ralph (TeamB)

Pete Fraser wrote in message <6dgi8u$h...@forums.borland.com>...
>Sorry, yes he did but didn't actually say how to add icons to a resource
>file. I found out by hunting through the menus and by accident found image
>editor. (Well I am new to BCB, although well sold on it!)

>Rgds Pete

Other Threads