Can I use TThread, AnsiString, etc... without the VCL bloat?

   Can I use TThread, AnsiString, etc... in a DLL without the bloat from all
the Visual Components?
   I want to link statically and I am sure if I wrote the same code in
another compiler, like Visual, it wouldn't end up being half the size.
Thanks,
  JOE

Re:Can I use TThread, AnsiString, etc... without the VCL bloat?

: "Joe Ward" <J...@JosephWard.Net> wrote:

>   Can I use TThread, AnsiString, etc... in a DLL without the bloat from all
>the Visual Components?

Yes, of course. Just don't use the Forms unit.

Re:Can I use TThread, AnsiString, etc... without the VCL bloat?

>Yes, of course. Just don't use the Forms unit.

  Sorry to be ignorant on this, but how do I not use the "Forms unit"?
  All I know is that I am not using any visual controls or any visual units
in my program-  just a standard Ole Automated DLL.
  Right now I am #including <vcl.h> and my .bpl has appears to be linking in
the vcl40.bpl.
  How do I get rid of all of the extra stuff that seems to be linked in (the
DLL ends up about 430K and I really don't have that much code in there), but
still be able to use the cool non-visual stuff like TThread and AnsiString?
  Thanks for the help.
  Joe
Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB) wrote in message

<37ce5d77.4836...@forums.inprise.com>...
>: "Joe Ward" <J...@JosephWard.Net> wrote:

>>   Can I use TThread, AnsiString, etc... in a DLL without the bloat from
all
>>the Visual Components?

>Yes, of course. Just don't use the Forms unit.

>--
>Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB)     http://www.econos.de/
>Please do apply judgement when sending email.

Re:Can I use TThread, AnsiString, etc... without the VCL bloat?

: "Joe Ward" <J...@JosephWard.Net> wrote:

>  >do I not use the "Forms unit"?
>  Right now I am #including <vcl.h>

By not doing this but by including all headers "manually".