link error 5 can't find exe file

After complining I get link error (can't fine exe file).  My directory
path looks ok.  Any help is appreciated.   Vern

Re:link error 5 can't find exe file

Susan,

Check your output directory - it is usually stored as a relative path
(not one of Borland's better ideas<s>). If you've changed the working
directory at some point (easily done with the file open dialog) then
the resulting path will be wrong.

As an example my output path is stored as:

  '..\cmd.dll\output'

You can use the open file dialog to change the working directory
without opening a file. Just navigate to the directory where you
started from and hit [Cancel].

This is a known and probably infamous bug.

Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Other Threads