Associating an icon with an file...

Hello all,

I want to associate an icon with a data file that is saved from my app. In
other words, if I am browsing the file system with windows explorer I want
to see my icon next to the data file my program created. How or where would
I do that in builder 5?

Many Thanks,

Joe

Re:Associating an icon with an file...

Have a look at my free TRegExtension component, it was designed for doing
exactly that:  http://reg.lebeausoftware.org

Be sure to subscribe to my mailing list from that site if you do end up
using my component, as I have a new version in the works.  Not sure when
it'll be released yet, though.

Gambit

"Joe Hildreth" <xav...@gtec.com> wrote in message news:3c2cc58d$1_2@dnews...
> I want to associate an icon with a data file that is saved from my app. In
> other words, if I am browsing the file system with windows explorer I want
> to see my icon next to the data file my program created. How or where
would
> I do that in builder 5?

Re:Associating an icon with an file...

Thanks Gambit.  :-)

Joe

"Remy Lebeau" <gambi...@gte.net> wrote in message news:3c2cc7c1$1_1@dnews...
> Have a look at my free TRegExtension component, it was designed for doing
> exactly that:  http://reg.lebeausoftware.org
> Gambit

Other Threads