Ingore any exceptions

Is there a way how I can ingore any exceptions.
I've already tried to catch exceptions, but somehow it won't work. The
application itself gave an message before my own customized message.

Re:Ingore any exceptions

Frank de Bot wrote:
> Is there a way how I can ingore any exceptions.
> I've already tried to catch exceptions, but somehow it won't work. The
> application itself gave an message before my own customized message.

I think this should catch everything:

try
 {
  // do whatever I want to catch exceptions from
 }
catch (...)
 {
  // do whatever I want to do when an exception happens
 }

The ellipsis (the ...) should allow you to catch any exception.

Hope this helps,
Alan McIntyre
a...@norfolkgraphics.com
http://norfolkgraphics.com

Re:Ingore any exceptions

: Frank de Bot <de...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

>Is there a way how I can ingore any exceptions.

You can turn off exception *reporting* from the de{*word*81} while your
application runs under control of the de{*word*81} inside the IDE:

  Tools | De{*word*81} Options...
    Language Exceptions
      Uncheck both "Stop on..." boxes.

>I've already tried to catch exceptions, but somehow it won't work. The
>application itself gave an message before my own customized message.

Please describe in complete detail what you see in case the above does not
help.

Re:Ingore any exceptions

Dear Stefan Hoffimeister,

He can also write a function to handle Application->OnException.  That will
catch ALL unhandled exceptions and he can just do nothing here and nothing
will happen.

This probably only works with the final product and not in the de{*word*81}.

Thanks,
James Kosin

Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB) <Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Econos.de> wrote in message

> : Frank de Bot <de...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> >Is there a way how I can ingore any exceptions.

> You can turn off exception *reporting* from the de{*word*81} while your
> application runs under control of the de{*word*81} inside the IDE:

>   Tools | De{*word*81} Options...
>     Language Exceptions
>       Uncheck both "Stop on..." boxes.

> >I've already tried to catch exceptions, but somehow it won't work. The
> >application itself gave an message before my own customized message.

> Please describe in complete detail what you see in case the above does not
> help.

> --
> Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB)     http://www.econos.de/
> Please do apply judgement when sending email.

Other Threads