Passing Data from ActiveX Control to Container...

Hi.

I'm working on an ActiveX control and my target containers are VC++ VB and
Delphi.  My problem is that the control must pass the data from a complex tree
structure.  Here I have two questions:

1)  In VB, the Application would find out the size of the tree structure and
create its own structure and pass that to the control with the ByRef argument.
I don't know much about Delphi so plan a similar method in Delphi?

2) I've also heard about memory mapped files.  Could someone point me where I
could find out more and if this method will work well with VC++, VB, and
Delphi in passing information from a control to a container.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks