Urgent: Need help with MS DHTML clipboard problem

Hi,
I have a big problem with the MS DHTML editor and BCB4, it concerns the
clipboard management.
It appears that calling the cut/copy DHTML commands does actually clears the
clipboard instead of storing the selected text in it.
For example, if I copy text from the Notepad, I can paste it into the DHTML
editor either using the Ctrl-V shortcut or by calling :
dhtmlEd->ExecCommand(DECMD_PASTE, Dhtmledlib_tlb::OLECMDEXECOPT_DODEFAULT,
Variant(0));
Both are working.
Now, if I select some text in the DHTML control and do a Ctrl-C or Ctrl-X,
or call the command :
dhtmlEd->ExecCommand(DECMD_COPY, Dhtmledlib_tlb::OLECMDEXECOPT_DODEFAULT,
Variant(0));
or
dhtmlEd->ExecCommand(DECMD_CUT, Dhtmledlib_tlb::OLECMDEXECOPT_DODEFAULT,
Variant(0));
then the clipboard is cleared.
I think at some point the DHTML editor or BCB4 fail while storing the text
into the clipboard.
Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to investigate myself this problem,
and fixing this problem is an emergency because I have to terminate a
commercial application within the next 15 days.
If someone has found out a solution, or is interrested to investigate the
problem, please let me know. I could give much infos as I can.
Thanks!!!
Gil Delavous
SEKOYA

Re:Urgent: Need help with MS DHTML clipboard problem

I have found in a FAQ that OleInitialize(NULL) must be called on the
FormCreate event.
I tried and it works!
Gil

Gil Delavous <delav...@sekoya.net> a crit dans le message :
7r2ggo$s3...@forums.borland.com...

> Hi,
> I have a big problem with the MS DHTML editor and BCB4, it concerns the
> clipboard management.
> It appears that calling the cut/copy DHTML commands does actually clears
the
> clipboard instead of storing the selected text in it.
> For example, if I copy text from the Notepad, I can paste it into the
DHTML
> editor either using the Ctrl-V shortcut or by calling :
> dhtmlEd->ExecCommand(DECMD_PASTE, Dhtmledlib_tlb::OLECMDEXECOPT_DODEFAULT,
> Variant(0));
> Both are working.
> Now, if I select some text in the DHTML control and do a Ctrl-C or Ctrl-X,
> or call the command :
> dhtmlEd->ExecCommand(DECMD_COPY, Dhtmledlib_tlb::OLECMDEXECOPT_DODEFAULT,
> Variant(0));
> or
> dhtmlEd->ExecCommand(DECMD_CUT, Dhtmledlib_tlb::OLECMDEXECOPT_DODEFAULT,
> Variant(0));
> then the clipboard is cleared.
> I think at some point the DHTML editor or BCB4 fail while storing the text
> into the clipboard.
> Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to investigate myself this
problem,
> and fixing this problem is an emergency because I have to terminate a
> commercial application within the next 15 days.
> If someone has found out a solution, or is interrested to investigate the
> problem, please let me know. I could give much infos as I can.
> Thanks!!!
> Gil Delavous
> SEKOYA

Other Threads