Eliminating flickering when using TSplitter

Hello,

I have attempted to emulate the look of docking forms with TPanels by
aligning panels to each other and separating them with splitters (to look
like docked forms). The problem is, when I "dock" a panel to an existing
docked (aligned) panel, and place a TSplitter in between them, I get a lot
of flickering and movement on my form. It is nothing like the seamless and
instant dock that takes place when you dock a form to a DockSite. I would
like to be able to align panels to each other and place splitters in between
them as smooth and fast as possible.. just as fast as a form is docked to a
docksite and a splitter is created to separate it from other docked objects.
How can I do this?

Thanks,
Jonathan