BCB 4 Help File Window Size

BCB4 opens help files down at the lower right hand corner of the screen
in windows that are much too small for my preference.  Even if I then
resize them, every time I invoke "methods" or "events" in a class help
window, the corresponding other window resizes itself back to the lower
right hand corner small size again.

Is there any way to make these help files remember their resized position?
Failing that, can I control their initial position/size somehow?  Or are
these things forever burned into the help file itself?
_________________
Christopher M. Gould   phone: (213)740-1101   Dept. of Physics & Astronomy
e-mail: go...@usc.edu    FAX: (213)740-6653   Univ. of Southern California
http://physics.usc.edu/~gould/                Los Angeles, CA   90089-0484

Re:BCB 4 Help File Window Size

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:16:36 -0700, "Christopher M. Gould" <go...@usc.edu>
wrote:

>Is there any way to make these help files remember their resized position?
>Failing that, can I control their initial position/size somehow?  Or are
>these things forever burned into the help file itself?

IIRC,  there was a thread on this topic some time back and Stefan
Hoffmeister (sp?) posted some ASM code which can modify the help files to
change the hard-coded information within them...  It may not have been
Stefan,  but I am fairly certain that he posted in that thread anyway...

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
Jerry Bloomfield                                     JersW...@wwa.com
Proud Member of Borland's TeamB

: JersW...@wwa.com (Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)) wrote:

>IIRC,  there was a thread on this topic some time back and Stefan
>Hoffmeister (sp?) posted some ASM code

... written by Ingvar Nilsen, originally for Delphi :-)  :

Please have a look for these postings:

  From: Ingvar Nilsen
  Newsgroups: borland.public.delphi.ide
  Subject: How to fix the D4 Help Files!!!
  Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 22:33:03 +0100

and

  From: Sami Salin
  Newsgroups: borland.public.delphi.ide
  Subject: Re: Help on the Help fix (Ingar Nilsen's fix)
  Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 21:08:51 +0200

which you can get via http://www.deja.com/.

They contain a Delphi routine that will patch each help file so that it no
longer pops up at a fixed place.

        "Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB)" wrote:
        > Please have a look for these postings:
        >   From: Ingvar Nilsen  ... and  From: Sami Salin
        > They contain a Delphi routine that will patch each help file so
        > that it no longer pops up at a fixed place.

Thank you very much.  I was able to translate the Delphi routine to a BCB
form with hardly any effort, thanks to their common VCL usage.

Chris
_________________
Christopher M. Gould   phone: (213)740-1101   Dept. of Physics & Astronomy
e-mail: go...@usc.edu    FAX: (213)740-6653   Univ. of Southern California
http://physics.usc.edu/~gould/                Los Angeles, CA   90089-0484

Re:BCB 4 Help File Window Size

Christopher M. Gould a crit:

>         "Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB)" wrote:
>         > Please have a look for these postings:
>         >   From: Ingvar Nilsen  ... and  From: Sami Salin
>         >   ...
>         > They contain a Delphi routine that will patch each help file so
>         > that it no longer pops up at a fixed place.

> Thank you very much.  I was able to translate the Delphi routine to a BCB
> form with hardly any effort, thanks to their common VCL usage.

> Chris
> _________________
> Christopher M. Gould   phone: (213)740-1101   Dept. of Physics & Astronomy
> e-mail: go...@usc.edu    FAX: (213)740-6653   Univ. of Southern California
> http://physics.usc.edu/~gould/                Los Angeles, CA   90089-0484

 Apparently, the messages are not indexed anymore at www.deja.com. I would
appreciate a copy of those.

Daniel Delande (daniel.dela...@fnac.net)

Re:BCB 4 Help File Window Size

On Wed, 01 Sep 1999 00:26:56 +0200, Daniel Delande

<daniel.dela...@fnac.net> wrote:
> Apparently, the messages are not indexed anymore at www.deja.com. I would
>appreciate a copy of those.

You can try searching for the Message-ID fields at the search page from
www.mers.com as well.  IMHO,  this is a much better search tool for these
newsgroups...

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
Jerry Bloomfield                                     JersW...@wwa.com
Proud Member of Borland's TeamB
"We'll do anything if you don't pay us."

Re:BCB 4 Help File Window Size

>>     "Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB)" wrote:
>>         > Please have a look for these postings:
>>         >   From: Ingvar Nilsen  ... and  From: Sami Salin
>>         >   ...
>>         > They contain a Delphi routine that will patch each help file so
>>         > that it no longer pops up at a fixed place.

>> Thank you very much.  I was able to translate the Delphi routine to a BCB
>> form with hardly any effort, thanks to their common VCL usage.

>> Chris
>> _________________
>> Christopher M. Gould   phone: (213)740-1101   Dept. of Physics & Astronomy
>> e-mail: go...@usc.edu    FAX: (213)740-6653   Univ. of Southern California
>> http://physics.usc.edu/~gould/                Los Angeles, CA   90089-0484

> Apparently, the messages are not indexed anymore at www.deja.com. I would
>appreciate a copy of those.

You could also try WinHelpModif.zip from my website under the link Other.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Orchard/8607/
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/Vleghert/
It should fix all choosen help files at once for BCB 4 and Delphi 4 in a size and
place that you want and stay that way. For the main, property, methods and
example windows.
The only problem is that there are third party help files (NetMaster does work)
that do not use the same convention and still behave differently.

Regards,
Chris Vleghert
cvleg...@WorldOffLine.nl  +++ Replace Off by On to reply +++

Other Threads