How to use TCollection and TCollectionItem

Hi there...

    I would like to use TCollection and TCollectionItem to manage a lot of
memory lists and things like that in C++Builder. I have read the help, but
I'm a little bit out-of-place. I really don't know how to use them. Is there
any example in the net, or somebody here could send me an example in C++ (I
have seen the Delphi examples, actually, the VCL source code are my
examples, but it wasn't really a big help), or tell my an adress?

    Thanks, in advise

    Rodrigo Gmez

Re:How to use TCollection and TCollectionItem

>     I would like to use TCollection and TCollectionItem to manage a lot of
> memory lists and things like that in C++Builder. I have read the help, but
> I'm a little bit out-of-place. I really don't know how to use them. Is there
> any example in the net, or somebody here could send me an example in C++ (I
> have seen the Delphi examples, actually, the VCL source code are my
> examples, but it wasn't really a big help), or tell my an adress?

try bcbdev.com, under the FAQS there a good beginner example. There is a
potentila "gotcha" though in that TOwnedCollection has to be used instead of
TCollection if you want to access the collection through the property editor at
design time.

Re:How to use TCollection and TCollectionItem

Hi..

    Yeah, reading some of the old post I found a reference to bcbdev and the
example is actually a very good example, I have been working derivating
classes and everything seems to work ok.

    Thanks

    Rodrigo Gmez

Re:How to use TCollection and TCollectionItem

The reference:

http://www.bcbdev.com/faqs/faq50.htm

"Rodrigo Gmez" wrote:
> Hi..

>     Yeah, reading some of the old post I found a reference to bcbdev and the
> example is actually a very good example, I have been working derivating
> classes and everything seems to work ok.

>     Thanks

>     Rodrigo Gmez

Other Threads