Different Assembler

I am some .asm source code written for NASM, upon which TASM barfs.
What I want to is if there is a way to tell C++Builder 5 to use nasm
instead of tasm for .asm files.  Thanks.

Mark

Re:Different Assembler

Hi, Mark.

> I am some .asm source code written for NASM, upon which TASM barfs.
> What I want to is if there is a way to tell C++Builder 5 to use nasm
> instead of tasm for .asm files.  Thanks.

I am unfamiliar with NASM, but if it is compatible with MASM, then TASM
may be able to process it.  However, finding the correct directives may
be a pain as the TASM.hlp file seems rather incomplete.

HTH.

robert

Re:Different Assembler

The -E option on the BCC32.EXE command line will specify the
assembler.  For example
  bcc32 -E"c:\program files\nasm\nasm.exe" -WC myfile.cpp

  Ed

Re:Different Assembler

I know that some folks are working on a project named Visual Assembler,
using NASM and BCB. If you stuck, you might get help from them.

http://www.bytamin-c.com/VisualAssembler/index.htm

Cheers,
Dirk

Mark Robinson wrote:

> I am some .asm source code written for NASM, upon which TASM barfs.
> What I want to is if there is a way to tell C++Builder 5 to use nasm
> instead of tasm for .asm files.  Thanks.

> Mark

Other Threads