Editing MAINICON doesn't change the applications Icon

Can anyone tell me  why changes to MAINICON in the <application>.res file
don't affect the applications icon ?

Thanks
P-A

Re:Editing MAINICON doesn't change the applications Icon

"P-A" <pa.indkv...@home.se> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me  why changes to MAINICON in the <application>.res file
> don't affect the applications icon ?

Nothing about <app>.res works properly in BCB. At least, that's my
understanding. It's impossible to access the project resources file
programmatically with the OpenToolsAPI because things either give
erratic results or crash or whatever.

--
Lucian Wischik, Queens' College, Cambridge CB3 9ET. www.wischik.com/lu

Re:Editing MAINICON doesn't change the applications Icon

Thanks Lucian

I digged on yesterday and from what I understand the .res file is created
when you recompile yor project, which means that you can't edit it and hope
that the result will show up in your application.

P-A

Lucian Wischik <ljw1...@cam.ac.uk> wrote in message

>"P-A" <pa.indkv...@home.se> wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me  why changes to MAINICON in the <application>.res file
>> don't affect the applications icon ?

>Nothing about <app>.res works properly in BCB. At least, that's my
>understanding. It's impossible to access the project resources file
>programmatically with the OpenToolsAPI because things either give
>erratic results or crash or whatever.

>--
>Lucian Wischik, Queens' College, Cambridge CB3 9ET. www.wischik.com/lu

Other Threads