READ/CONVERT older BC++ 5.02 IDE project files

I have some IDE projects from the older BC++ IDE V5.02.  I want to upgrade
to the newer compiler.  Does anyone know if those older project files or at
least the C++ node files can be read in and/or converted by C++ Builder

Re:READ/CONVERT older BC++ 5.02 IDE project files

In article <3c03ba51$1_1@dnews>, James Smith wrote:
> I have some IDE projects from the older BC++ IDE V5.02.  I want to upgrade
> to the newer compiler.  Does anyone know if those older project files or at
> least the C++ node files can be read in and/or converted by C++ Builder

The easiest, least error prone method is to start a BCB5 project and add the
source files to that new project -- I copy them into a separate
sub-directory, but that's up to you. Note: If the program you're immigrating
is an OWL project you will have some more work to do, but relatively straight
C++ projects are a snap. In the case of the former, I just copy the logic
part of the program and use the VCL to copy/improve the GUI parts ... ;-)

Bob ;-)

Other Threads