linker error in module xxv.cpp

hello,
I am doing a project of source code conversion.
Existing source code is in borland c++ v 4.5 (.ide project file) and I want to convert it
to c++builder v 4.0 (.bpr project file)
For that I used "idetobpr.exe" utility & converted all cpp files & project file.
I am able to compile those files.
But when linking it gives me an error as
" unsupported 16 bit segment in module xxv.cpp".
Is there any solution?

I also repeated the whole conversion process, with one temperary project which contains
only one cout statement. Still I am getting the same error.

My old source code uses OWL lib & is developed on 16 bit platform.

Re:linker error in module xxv.cpp

Did you do a 'Build All' to make sure that all object files were rebuilt as
32 bit files not 16 bit?
(Alternatively - delete all object files and do a make)
It looks as if some of the object files are the old BC4.5 generated ones.
HTH Pete

"ronak" <ronakdesai...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> hello,
> I am doing a project of source code conversion.
> Existing source code is in borland c++ v 4.5 (.ide project file) and I
want to convert it
> to c++builder v 4.0 (.bpr project file)
> For that I used "idetobpr.exe" utility & converted all cpp files & project
file.
> I am able to compile those files.
> But when linking it gives me an error as
> " unsupported 16 bit segment in module xxv.cpp".
> Is there any solution?

> I also repeated the whole conversion process, with one temperary project
which contains
> only one cout statement. Still I am getting the same error.

> My old source code uses OWL lib & is developed on 16 bit platform.

Re:linker error in module xxv.cpp

Hello Sir,
Thank you for replying.

I already used "build all" options & also tried it after deleting all old obj files as
you said.
Then also it gives me same error.

"Pete Fraser" <pete.fra...@at.frasersoft.dot.net> wrote:
>Did you do a 'Build All' to make sure that all object files were rebuilt as>32 bit files not 16 bit?
>(Alternatively - delete all object files and do a make)
>It looks as if some of the object files are the old BC4.5 generated ones.
>HTH Pete

>"ronak" <ronakdesai...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> hello,
>> I am doing a project of source code conversion.
>> Existing source code is in borland c++ v 4.5 (.ide project file) and I
>want to convert it
>> to c++builder v 4.0 (.bpr project file)
>> For that I used "idetobpr.exe" utility & converted all cpp files & project
>file.
>> I am able to compile those files.
>> But when linking it gives me an error as
>> " unsupported 16 bit segment in module xxv.cpp".
>> Is there any solution?

>> I also repeated the whole conversion process, with one temperary project
>which contains
>> only one cout statement. Still I am getting the same error.

>> My old source code uses OWL lib & is developed on 16 bit platform.

Re:linker error in module xxv.cpp

> I already used "build all" options & also tried it after deleting all old obj files as
> you said.

That file is source code for the RTL exception handling so it sounds
like you are getting an old library or obj passed to the linker. Did
you rebuild OWL and CLASSLIB libraries for your version of BCB?

--Craig

Other Threads