Overriding "Show Window Contents While Resizing"

Hello All,

I've created a realtime graphics application that is pretty performance
sensitive.  I run into problems when on a given machine a user selects to
show the window contents while being resized, my application is forced to do
too many redraws during resize operations which detract from its
performance.  I want to allow the user to resize the window, so a constant
size window isn't an option.  My question is:  How can I override the
windows setting to show the window contents, and rather, just show an window
outline while dragging for my window (Like the way it was done in good 'ole
(or bad 'ole, depending on your experience) Windows 3.1 and early versions
of Windows 95).

Thanks,

-Mike