de{*word*81} freezing up

 Hi,

 Lately, the de{*word*81} has been freezing up nearly every time it is used
 and a break point has been set.  When the execution reaches the break
 point, it simply stops responding and must be killed with the old
 3-finger salute. With no break points, the de{*word*81} does not freeze.
 This is relatively new behaviour, although it did happen infrequently
 in the past.  Does anyone know if there is some de{*word*81} setting that
 causes this behaviour, or something on the system that could be the
 culprit (e.g. virus checkers, or other programs running in the
 background).

 Builder 5.0 build 12.34
 Windows 98SE build 4.10.2222A
 P3 1.2 GHz  256MB

 Thanks in advance for any assistance with this increasingly frustrating
 behaviour.

--

Joseph L. Chuma
TRIUMF - CANADA'S National Laboratory for Particle and Nuclear Physics

Re:de{*word*81} freezing up

Joseph Chuma <Joe.Ch...@triumf.ca> wrote:
> Hi,

> Lately, the de{*word*81} has been freezing up nearly every time it is used
> and a break point has been set.  When the execution reaches the break
> point, it simply stops responding and must be killed with the old
> 3-finger salute. With no break points, the de{*word*81} does not freeze.
> This is relatively new behaviour, although it did happen infrequently
> in the past.  Does anyone know if there is some de{*word*81} setting that
> causes this behaviour, or something on the system that could be the
> culprit (e.g. virus checkers, or other programs running in the
> background).

> Builder 5.0 build 12.34
> Windows 98SE build 4.10.2222A
> P3 1.2 GHz  256MB

> Thanks in advance for any assistance with this increasingly frustrating
> behaviour.

>--

>Joseph L. Chuma
>TRIUMF - CANADA'S National Laboratory for Particle and Nuclear Physics
>Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I don't know why, but it intermittently and irregularly happens to me,
too.  Often, but not always, a "Program Reset" from the pull down menu
helps me avoid having to reboot the entire box.  It's something to try
first, if you prefer (like me) not to bring the whole box down.

Jim
Being ordinary and nothing special is a full-time job.
jp_mcma...@hotmail.com (Jim McMahon in real life)

Other Threads