Changing options doesn't re-make

IN BCB 3.0 if I change an option in a project that affects ny OBJ or
final EXE or DLL and choose Make, nothing is remade. In BCB 1.0 there
was an update button that you clicked after one of these option changes
that generated the correct Make changes the next time I did a Make. Has
this been left out of BCB 3.0 or did I forget to do something ?

Re:Changing options doesn't re-make

I'm afraid you have to build all after changing an option. Hopefully,
next version will have dependency on makefile

Alex

Edward Diener wrote:

> IN BCB 3.0 if I change an option in a project that affects ny OBJ or
> final EXE or DLL and choose Make, nothing is remade. In BCB 1.0 there
> was an update button that you clicked after one of these option changes
> that generated the correct Make changes the next time I did a Make. Has
> this been left out of BCB 3.0 or did I forget to do something ?

Re:Changing options doesn't re-make

This is sad because Borland is always doing these flip-flops, removing a good
feature in a later version of a product. Why should going from version 1.0 to
version 3.0 take away this functionality ? Why should going from version 1.0
to version 3.0 take away this functionality ? That's a rhetorical question.
Thanks for taking the time to answer Alex.

Alex Bakaev [TeamB] wrote:
> I'm afraid you have to build all after changing an option. Hopefully,
> next version will have dependency on makefile

> Alex

> Edward Diener wrote:

> > IN BCB 3.0 if I change an option in a project that affects ny OBJ or
> > final EXE or DLL and choose Make, nothing is remade. In BCB 1.0 there
> > was an update button that you clicked after one of these option changes
> > that generated the correct Make changes the next time I did a Make. Has
> > this been left out of BCB 3.0 or did I forget to do something ?

Other Threads