Global structure with Form Pointers causing Program freeze

I have a global structure the uses TMenuItem Pointers (referenced from the
main form) such as
struct {TMenuItem*MenuItem, int Number} MyStruct[]=
{{Form1->MeniItem1,1},
{Form1->MeniItem2,2},
{Form1->MeniItem3,3},
..

};

Program won't even make it out of start up code. I suspect because the
global structure array gets initialized before the main form and all
associated Objects, this is causing some problems. But I am not sure what.
Since I am using pointers to the objects, which would be initialized when
they are instatiated.
Again, I don't even make it outof the start up code, so it's not as though
the pointers are being dereferenced and blowing up because the objects don't
exist.
Any Help??