De{*word*81} Kernel Error: Error Code 23

"De{*word*81} Kernel Error: Error Code 23"

That helpful message pops up when I try to run a project
that, a few minutes earlier, was working just fine.

If I create a new project and add all files from old one to
it, the program runs, but it is clear that the de{*word*81}
isn't working properly; it will let me set a breakpoint (and
display it in red) on any line in the source, including
blank and comment lines, but never breaks on any of them.

The program also dies somewhere in the _calling_ of a
ToolBar button's OnClick method; it may be actually
happening in my code, but as I said, breakpoints aren't
working, so I can't exactly tell.

I've already done the following:

1. Uninstall BCB 3, fully delete all references to it from
both the registry and the full Borland directory tree from
the hard drive.
1.a. Reboot.
2. Do a full install of BCB 3, to a different drive.
2.a. Rebot.
3. Re-install all my non-Borland components. (Argh.)

and it doesn't work a damn bit better than it did before.
What is this stuff, magic?

PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME CLUE, I'M LOST AND AT A
STANDSTILL HERE UNTIL THIS IS RESOLVED!!!!!!

If it matters, I'm running on a PentiumPro Win95 (1st
release) system, with a handful of Microsoft's Kernel
Patches installed.

I just remembered the Borland BCB3 patches, and I'm going to
go install those, but I'm not hopeful, since it was doing
this with my previous BCB install, which did have those
patches applied to it.

Walt

Re:De{*word*81} Kernel Error: Error Code 23

Well, isntalling the patch seems to have stopped "code 23"
and breakpoints are working again, but I'll be damned if I'm
going to ever understand why this should have just
spontaneously decided to stop working and cost me 3 hours
trying to fix it.

Walt

Walt Dexter wrote:

> "De{*word*81} Kernel Error: Error Code 23"

> That helpful message pops up when I try to run a project
> that, a few minutes earlier, was working just fine.

> If I create a new project and add all files from old one to
> it, the program runs, but it is clear that the de{*word*81}
> isn't working properly; it will let me set a breakpoint (and
> display it in red) on any line in the source, including
> blank and comment lines, but never breaks on any of them.

> The program also dies somewhere in the _calling_ of a
> ToolBar button's OnClick method; it may be actually
> happening in my code, but as I said, breakpoints aren't
> working, so I can't exactly tell.

> I've already done the following:

> 1. Uninstall BCB 3, fully delete all references to it from
> both the registry and the full Borland directory tree from
> the hard drive.
> 1.a. Reboot.
> 2. Do a full install of BCB 3, to a different drive.
> 2.a. Rebot.
> 3. Re-install all my non-Borland components. (Argh.)

> and it doesn't work a damn bit better than it did before.
> What is this stuff, magic?

> PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME CLUE, I'M LOST AND AT A
> STANDSTILL HERE UNTIL THIS IS RESOLVED!!!!!!

> If it matters, I'm running on a PentiumPro Win95 (1st
> release) system, with a handful of Microsoft's Kernel
> Patches installed.

> I just remembered the Borland BCB3 patches, and I'm going to
> go install those, but I'm not hopeful, since it was doing
> this with my previous BCB install, which did have those
> patches applied to it.

> Walt

Other Threads