Page Controls supporting transparency to background image ?

Hi all,

does anyone know of a third party component which supports correct
displaying of background images / controls behind a page control ?

Using the standard page control with BCB4 - when an image is behind
the page control, the area of the page control which is unoccupied by
a tab, is filled in with the page control's color (usually gray), so
that the background image is not shown.

This is pretty ugly.

Does anyone know of a control which corrects this - I'm looking for a
control which supports BCB4 and preferably also BCB5.

Thanks in advance

Phil.

Re:Page Controls supporting transparency to background image ?

> Using the standard page control with BCB4 - when an image is behind
> the page control, the area of the page control which is unoccupied by
> a tab, is filled in with the page control's color (usually gray), so
> that the background image is not shown.

Isn't there another component who skips this background thing and makes
you swap pages yourself? Maybe it could be an alternative.

/ David

Re:Page Controls supporting transparency to background image ?

Hi, Phil!

Why not just put a TImage as the backmost component of the page? I've
done that many times and it works just fine.

------
Mark Cashman, TeamB C++ Builder
C++ Builder, JBuilder programming information
Home of The C++ Builder Programmer's Webring - Join us!
------

Re:Page Controls supporting transparency to background image ?

Hi Mark

The problem is the rectangular area partially covered by the tabs is filled
in gray, as opposed to just showing the image (or other components) behind
it.

I've found third party components which handle the behaviour correctly, but
for one reason or another (no source code provided, no version for BCB4/5
etc.) they don't work for me.

I was hoping that I'd be able to get a workaround for the BCB component or
get a third party component that would do it for me.

Phil.

"Mark Cashman (TeamB)" <mcash...@temporaldoorway.com> wrote in message

> Hi, Phil!

> Why not just put a TImage as the backmost component of the page? I've
> done that many times and it works just fine.

> ------
> Mark Cashman, TeamB C++ Builder
> http://www.temporaldoorway.com/programming/index.htm
> C++ Builder, JBuilder programming information
> Home of The C++ Builder Programmer's Webring - Join us!
> ------

Other Threads