Is database support in standard edition ?

I am creating a component and linking in vcldbxx.bpi. However I want to
be sure that the database support exists in the standard edition of BCB,
else I will distribute my component to standard edition users of BCB
without the database addition. Would anyone with the standard edition of
BCB please verify whether the database components are part of the
standard edition distribution ? I have previously asked whether Borland
documents which packages are distributed with which edition of BCB but I
have not found an answer for that.

Re:Is database support in standard edition ?

Standard editions do not have Database support.

Gambit

"Edward Diener" <eddie...@tropicsoft.com> wrote in message

> I am creating a component and linking in vcldbxx.bpi. However I want to
> be sure that the database support exists in the standard edition of BCB,

Re:Is database support in standard edition ?

That's version-dependant. Up to BCB3 the Standard edition supports
database (BDE) development. That stopped with BCB4.

Martin

Other Threads