How to Draw a trasparent bitmap?

I need to draw a trasparent elliptical bitmap on a DC, to leave the original
background and avoid to use Ellipse() that may take a lot of cpu time by the
fill algorithm.

Any ideas will apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re:How to Draw a trasparent bitmap?

Hi PaoloItaly,

> I need to draw a trasparent elliptical bitmap on a DC, to leave the
> original background and avoid to use Ellipse() that may take a lot
> of cpu time by the fill algorithm.

Either you can use an elliptic clipping region or you can use masking.
See this posting...

http://www.mers.com/MERLIST/BORLAND/PUBLIC/CPPBUILDER/GRAPHICS/16910....

Both methods will produce similar results, but masking will work only if
the target device supports full raster operations (i.e., is readable).

Best of luck,
--
Damon Chandler (TeamB)
- BCBCAQ <http://bcbcaq.freeservers.com>