resize according to screen resolution

hello,
 how to provide an application with forms and controls that
automatically resize depending on the screen resolution of
the PC on which it is running ?
TIA - peter wilk (vienna)

--
Peter Wilk
Assistance and Insurance Consulting

Re:resize according to screen resolution

See the 'Programming for varying host environments' topic in the
'Programming with C++ Builder' help file.

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 15:36:01 +0100, <peter_w...@magnet.at> wrote:
> how to provide an application with forms and controls that
>automatically resize depending on the screen resolution of
>the PC on which it is running ?

Hi Peter.  Depends how involved you want to get.  The simplest approach
is probably to resize your controls as a percentage of the form size and
always run the form maximized.

For more elaborate approaches there are some components on
www.torry.ru
that will resize the fonts and controls as the user manually resizes the
form and some will store settings for each screen res. in the registry
and use those depending on the res. when you launch the program.

Another approach is to program for 640x480 and drop an "easysizer"
such as I mentioned from Torry's on it so that if it looks small at a higher
res the user can resize it manually.

I think to get really hot looking forms on every resolution you probably
need a number of dll or resource files and dynamically load the one that
looks best at that res at runtime, but it's a lot of maintainence.

Anyway, you might want to see what's out there for components before
deciding which approach will work best for what you are doing.

Mike

--

"Genius gives birth, talent delivers."

           -- Jack Kerouac

(Remove NOSPAM, if present, to reply via email)

Other Threads