HELP **!!! Using .OBJ files in C++ Builder 3 !!!** HELP

Hi Chris,

BCB3 had some problems when adding OBJs. There are
some alernate workarounds mentioned here:
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bcppbuilder/faq/FAQ2854C.html

--Craig

Re:HELP **!!! Using .OBJ files in C++ Builder 3 !!!** HELP

Hi,

  I am trying with NO success to use a .OBJ file that was compiled using the
Dcc32.exe Command Line Compiler that is included with C++ Builder 3. I want
to install this OBJ file into a new package. When I add this file to the new
package and compile it, it comes up with the message "The package has been
installed", but NO COMPONENT is installed onto the component palette, and no
component is listed when I view the installed components for that package.

I have uninistalled C++ Builder, and Reinstalled, and I still get the same
fault.

If I install the .PAS file into the package it and compile it in the C++
Builder 3 IDE it gets installed, but I need to use a .OBJ file. After
installing the PAS file C++ Builder has created a .OBJ file in the same
directory as the .PAS file but this OBJ file is larger than the one I get
when I compile using the Command Line Compiler. In fact it is only 13 bytes
different. I do not know what the difference is because I do not know what
options it uses to compile it with.

The closed to any options used I found in the file "Default.BPR"

-D_RTLDLL;USEPACKAGES -U$(BCB)\lib\obj;$(BCB)\lib;$(RELEASELIBPATH) -I$(BCB)
\include;$(BCB)\include\vcl -$Y -$W -$O- -v -JPHN -M

I have used these options and when I do I get the file difference of 13
bytes. If I then remove the package, and install the .OBJ file that C++
Builder 3 IDE made into a new package the component is registered.

Has anyone got ANY idea why this occurs?, we want to distribute our controls
to C++ Builder 3 users..

The same control works when compiled using C++ Builder 1 and C++ Builder 4
command line compilers, and then installed into their relevant IDE.

!!!PLEASE I NEED HELP WITH THIS!!!

Please send me email to Ch...@Adrock.COM or reply to this in the newsgroup.

Chris

Re:HELP **!!! Using .OBJ files in C++ Builder 3 !!!** HELP

Thanks Craig,

   I will check out the FAQ....

Chris

Craig Farrell <cNO_SPAM.please.farr...@insprise.com> wrote in message

> Hi Chris,

> BCB3 had some problems when adding OBJs. There are
> some alernate workarounds mentioned here:
> http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bcppbuilder/faq/FAQ2854C.html

> --Craig

Re:HELP **!!! Using .OBJ files in C++ Builder 3 !!!** HELP

Thanks Craig

I went back that FAQ and used the #Pragma and it worked fine.

Chris

Craig Farrell <cNO_SPAM.please.farr...@insprise.com> wrote in message

> Hi Chris,

> BCB3 had some problems when adding OBJs. There are
> some alernate workarounds mentioned here:
> http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bcppbuilder/faq/FAQ2854C.html

> --Craig

Re:HELP **!!! Using .OBJ files in C++ Builder 3 !!!** HELP

Sorry, but that did not help.

I added the .OBJ to a .LIB file and used the .LIB file in the package, but I
get the same message.

"The Package Has Been Installed", but NO Components are installed.

Chris Crowe

Craig Farrell <cNO_SPAM.please.farr...@insprise.com> wrote in message

> Hi Chris,

> BCB3 had some problems when adding OBJs. There are
> some alernate workarounds mentioned here:
> http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bcppbuilder/faq/FAQ2854C.html

> --Craig

Other Threads