Peak detection and deviation detection software

Does anyone know of any routines that I can use for peak detection or
better yet, for detecting when some data deviates from a straight
line?

Thanks

Peter

Re:Peak detection and deviation detection software

Peak detection is just looking for and recognizing the highest value in a
set.

As for recognizing data that deviates from a straight line, what you want is
the
"Slope".  Just divide the difference in Y by the difference in X from one
point to another.  When two slopes don't match, the straightness of the line
has been broken.

Peter Nunn wrote in message <367b37b7.1692...@forums.borland.com>...
>Does anyone know of any routines that I can use for peak detection or
>better yet, for detecting when some data deviates from a straight
>line?

>Thanks

>Peter

Other Threads