Team B - Please Explain Why 32MB Is Max TDS File Size

Chris wrote:
> Could someone from Team B/Borland explain why there is a 32 MB
> limit on the size of the TDS file? It is obviously beginning to
> cause a LOT of people problems, judging by the number of
> people that have posted messages about it.

> Can you explain how the TDS code has been implemented
> and why the limit is there? Are there really any plans to fix it?
> It has been in multiple compiler versions now? It would be nice
> to be able to debug our programs again at some point! Its all
> very well suggesting that the projects should be broken down
> into DLLs....but who is going to pay for everyones time to do
> this? Are Borland going to fund each company so that they can
> break their code into DLLS just to fix a Borland problem?

Welcome in the club!

Team B isn't able to give you the answers, and Borland doesn't
want to give you the answers. So, try to live with this bug as
i have to :-(
Perhaps you can break some code into libs and packages.
Creating DLLs was not possible for me, too.

Greetings,
EH :-)

Re:Team B - Please Explain Why 32MB Is Max TDS File Size

"EH" <nos...@hsws.de> wrote in message news:3D053E11.7000308@hsws.de...

> Welcome in the club!

> Team B isn't able to give you the answers, and Borland doesn't
> want to give you the answers. So, try to live with this bug as
> i have to :-(
> Perhaps you can break some code into libs and packages.
> Creating DLLs was not possible for me, too.

Has anyone reported this to QC yet, I don't remember seeing a report on it.
It may help :)

Russell

Chris wrote:

> Could someone from Team B/Borland explain why there is a 32 MB
> limit on the size of the TDS file?

Probably because of a #define.

> Can you explain how the TDS code has been implemented
> and why the limit is there? Are there really any plans to fix it?

Borland may be able to answer this, but TeamB can't. TeamB is not privy to the source
code for the compiler and linker, so we can't find out why this limitation exists.
The only thing we can do is ask Borland for you.

I suggest that you break out any common sections of your app into a static utility
library.

Harold Howe [TeamB]
http://www.bcbdev.com

Other Threads