Little tip (BCB3)

May be this is well known already, but I discovered it
only today. Sometime, when autosave desktop is enabled and
you are exiting ide, project groups desktop file (.dsk) is saved
as desktop file of last active project (or first project) of project
group. In other word, if project group name is 'PrjGrp' and
project 'Prj1' is member of group, then desktop file will be saved
as 'Prj1.dsk' instead of 'PrjGrp.dsk'. And when autosave desktop
is enabled then on next BCB startup, ide will load last project group
under stupid name 'ProjectGroup1' even groups name was different.
It is not very comfortable (at least for me).
And I found that to save desktop file under group name, you need
to close all by 'Close All', exit BCB, remove dsk file from
disk and restart BCB again. Ide will start with empty, default project.
Choose 'Open Project' and load your project group. Now you can
exit BCB and desktop file will be saved correctly.

PS: Sorry if it was already in BCB book/help. I dont remember it.

Re:Little tip (BCB3)

: "RedOne" <tu...@datacom.mn> wrote:
>Sometime, when autosave desktop is enabled and
>you are exiting ide, project groups desktop file (.dsk) is saved
>as desktop file of last active project (or first project) of project
>group.

Do you have a reproducible example for this?

Re:Little tip (BCB3)

I'm sorry. I've made a mistake.
This thing happens only if your new project group
has only one project. In this case,  group does not
have own dsk file and at next time when IDE starts,
group will be loaded under 'ProjectGroup1' name.
After second project will be added to group, group
name changes and dsk file becomes really group dsk.
Becouse usually I start new group with only one project
and during developing time I add other projects to group,
I had such problem and it suddenly disappeared. I thought
that it happened when I did above things (ie steps in original message).
You can test it so:
Create new group with only one new project.
I did not found a way to save dsk file under group name and
also I was not able to start IDE with my group name.
In second case, create new group and add 2 and more new
projects. In this case all will ok.

PS: May be it is not important, but usually I keep group's files
in some directory where each project (group member) has own
subdir (under group's folder) to keep project files.

Tumur

Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB) <Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Econos.de> wrote in message

> : "RedOne" <tu...@datacom.mn> wrote:

> >Sometime, when autosave desktop is enabled and
> >you are exiting ide, project groups desktop file (.dsk) is saved
> >as desktop file of last active project (or first project) of project
> >group.

> Do you have a reproducible example for this?

> --
> Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB)     http://www.econos.de/
> Please do apply judgement when sending email.

Other Threads