Board index » cppbuilder » Animated Cursor

Animated Cursor

I want to use an animated hourglass in my builder program but do not know
haw to include animated cursors.  I have downloaded some cursors for
Windows, how do I include them in the program?

Yours,

Pete Frederick

 

Re:Animated Cursor


Pete:

Quote
"Peter Frederick" <P.G.Freder...@reading.ac.uk> wrote in message

news:8cs871$mdk4@bornews.borland.com...
Quote
> I want to use an animated hourglass in my builder program but do not know
> haw to include animated cursors.  I have downloaded some cursors for
> Windows, how do I include them in the program?

In a November 1999 PC Magazine Neil Rubenking had a "Cursor Dance" utility
for color, animated cursors.
The source code is in Delphi, but you can probably do very similar
operations in Builder to do the same thing.

Find the utility on the PC Magazine page (www.pcmag.com) or I have a direct
link to "Cursor Dance"
under "Neil Rubenking" in the 3-Pillar section of
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Pillars

--
efg

Earl F. Glynn     E-Mail:  EarlGl...@att.net
Overland Park, KS  USA

efg's Computer Lab:  http://www.efg2.com/Lab

Re:Animated Cursor


I really haven't got a clue where to start disecting the delphi code here,
has anyone written a Builder program with an animated cursor in?  If so, can
you explain how?

Yours,

Pete Frederick

Earl F. Glynn <EarlGl...@att.net> wrote in message
news:8csndn$du3@bornews.borland.com...

Quote
> Pete:

> "Peter Frederick" <P.G.Freder...@reading.ac.uk> wrote in message
> news:8cs871$mdk4@bornews.borland.com...
> > I want to use an animated hourglass in my builder program but do not
know
> > haw to include animated cursors.  I have downloaded some cursors for
> > Windows, how do I include them in the program?

> In a November 1999 PC Magazine Neil Rubenking had a "Cursor Dance" utility
> for color, animated cursors.
> The source code is in Delphi, but you can probably do very similar
> operations in Builder to do the same thing.

> Find the utility on the PC Magazine page (www.pcmag.com) or I have a
direct
> link to "Cursor Dance"
> under "Neil Rubenking" in the 3-Pillar section of
> http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Pillars

> --
> efg

> Earl F. Glynn     E-Mail:  EarlGl...@att.net
> Overland Park, KS  USA

> efg's Computer Lab:  http://www.efg2.com/Lab

Re:Animated Cursor


Quote
> I want to use an animated hourglass in my builder program but do not know
> haw to include animated cursors.  I have downloaded some cursors for
> Windows, how do I include them in the program?

RxLib, at http://rx.demo.ru has one. But it can be quite cranky to
install.  Follow the instructions *carefully* and *don't* email me for
help.
Also check out TAniIcon at http://www.tmssoftware.com/.

+====================================================+
| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)     |
| Havas Interactive             HyperStudio Engineer |
| http://www.buddydog.org http://www.hyperstudio.com |
+====================================================+

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside
of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Other Threads