Appended "proxy" to ActiveX Controls

I just upgraded to Win98 and now all the ActiveX controls in BCB3 have the
text 'Proxy' appended to the end of it. BCB1 does not do this.

The problem is that I build an application with BCB3 started under Win95
that I now need to finish.

Any ideas on how to fix this or change the names of the ActiveX controls on
the pallete so that I can finish this project without reworking the project
of use the new names?

Re:Appended "proxy" to ActiveX Controls

Stephen,

The 'Proxy' prefix was added to distinguish a VCL component exposed as an OCX
from the VCL component itself: For example, with BCB3 you can take the VCL
TCalendar component and turn it into an OCX. If we kept the name identical,
you'd end up with two TCalendars requiring that you use namespace overrides to
disambiguate.

But shortly after we ship it was clear that users do not like the 'Proxy'
prefix, specially when dealing with a third party OCX [for which there's no VCL
equivalent, hence no need to worry about ambiguities]. As a result we posted a
patched TLIBIMP.EXE utility that no longer uses the Proxy suffix. The patch
addresses other issues involved with the xxxx_TLB code generated. I believe the
patch is available from the Borland WebSite.

Thank you,

Bruneau.

Stephen Osborn wrote:
> I just upgraded to Win98 and now all the ActiveX controls in BCB3 have the
> text 'Proxy' appended to the end of it. BCB1 does not do this.

> The problem is that I build an application with BCB3 started under Win95
> that I now need to finish.

> Any ideas on how to fix this or change the names of the ActiveX controls on
> the pallete so that I can finish this project without reworking the project
> of use the new names?

Other Threads