External Tools Second Request For Help

Does anybody having any info on how to
accomplish the following?

I have a project with 2 none standard file type.
1) parser.y    -    Bison/Yacc
2) parser.l    -    Flex/Lex
I want these file to auto generate the .c/.cpp & .h output
and then compile the output into their respective objs.
I can add a tool that will do this but the process is not
automatic. I have to open the file and then select the
respective tool & I have to add both the *.l & *.c and
*.y & *.c files to the IDE/Project. This is pretty unacceptable.
There must be a way to handle this like VC.
Help....

Re:External Tools Second Request For Help

Am I to take it, that Builder 5.0 & 6.0 does not support
the capablity to call external tools to generate and then compile
the generated output of an external tool?
Edward Diener wrote:
>In the past, one could add a batch file to a project group that could do
>what you want. However adding batch files to project groups is completely
>broken in BCB6 since a project group does not retain a batch file project.

>"Ronald Praver" <rpra...@gate.net> wrote in message

>>Does anybody having any info on how to
>>accomplish the following?

>>I have a project with 2 none standard file type.
>>1) parser.y    -    Bison/Yacc
>>2) parser.l    -    Flex/Lex
>>I want these file to auto generate the .c/.cpp & .h output
>>and then compile the output into their respective objs.
>>I can add a tool that will do this but the process is not
>>automatic. I have to open the file and then select the
>>respective tool & I have to add both the *.l & *.c and
>>*.y & *.c files to the IDE/Project. This is pretty unacceptable.
>>There must be a way to handle this like VC.

Re:External Tools Second Request For Help

Try these things:

Look under Tools|Build_tools|Add

Click on Help|C++_Builder_Help
Click the Index tab
Type Open Tools API into the edit control
Click the Display button

.  Ed

> Am I to take it, that Builder 5.0 & 6.0 does not
> support the capablity to call external tools to
> generate and then compile the generated output
> of an external tool?

Re:External Tools Second Request For Help

See Batch Rebuilder at
http://codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing?id=19246.
Maybe this can be of use.

Jim
"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" <e...@mulroy.org> wrote in message

> Try these things:

> Look under Tools|Build_tools|Add

> Click on Help|C++_Builder_Help
> Click the Index tab
> Type Open Tools API into the edit control
> Click the Display button

> .  Ed

> > Am I to take it, that Builder 5.0 & 6.0 does not
> > support the capablity to call external tools to
> > generate and then compile the generated output
> > of an external tool?

Re:External Tools Second Request For Help

OpenTools is not new.  Docs for OpenTools supplied with the compiler are
new.  I "think" OpenTools itself was expanded slightly in version 6 and the
community site had some docs for verison 5.

.  Ed

> Previous versions did not have the ability to
> use external tools but it has been added to
> BCB6 although I have not used it.

Other Threads