Board index » cppbuilder » BCB6 compiler/linker woes (incremental linker?)

BCB6 compiler/linker woes (incremental linker?)

All,

I'm being bitten by what appears to be another BCB6 bug.  This post really
belongs in a cppbuilder.compiler (or linker) newsgroup (which there are
neither) but the closest group I can think of posting it in is the IDE
newsgroup.

I can no longer make one very small project.  I have to perform full builds
on it every time I make a change, which isn't too bad since it's a small
project ... but come on!!  I might just s{*word*99} the project and start over,
but I don't want to do that every time something like this happens.

The message I receive after every make is:

    [Linker Error] Error processing module
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\LIB\STLPMTI.LIB|STLPMT45.DLL

This only happens when "Build with runtime packages" and debugging are
turned on.  Any assistance or insight is welcome and appreciated,

Thanks,
-Clayton

 

Re:BCB6 compiler/linker woes (incremental linker?)


Quote
"Clayton Arends" <nospam_claytonare...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

news:3cd979a5$1_2@dnews...

Quote
> I'm being bitten by what appears to be another BCB6 bug.

I don't know if anyone is reading this post but after I recreated the
project I still have the same problem.  I have a feeling it's being caused
by one of my custom packages but finding it isn't going to be the easiest
task.  If anyone has a suggestion I'm open to it otherwise I'll just have to
eventually solve this on my own.

- Clayton

Re:BCB6 compiler/linker woes (incremental linker?)


Quote
"Clayton Arends" <nospam_claytonare...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

news:3cd979a5$1_2@dnews...

Quote
> I'm being bitten by what appears to be another BCB6 bug.

Even though nobody has shown any interest in this post I feel inclined to
continue writing <g>.

The project has been growing increasingly larger (and the full build times
are starting to become cumbersome) so I decided to create my own PCH for it.
Once I set it up I performed a full build (as is required).  Then I made a
change to one of the files and performed a make.  Now I do not receive the
linker error that I did from before.  For some reason using the default PCH
is causing this problem for me.  I have performed several makes on a regular
basis without problem.  It appears that I have hurdled this bug for the
moment.

Perhaps someone else might benefit from this information.

- Clayton

Other Threads